Virtual Console and eShop Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeeP84

Creating a thread so we can discuss the Virtual Console and eShop titles.
Also I can update this first post with the weekly titles being released.
Remember any Virtual Console titles downloaded on the Wii eShop can be transfered to the Wii U and then downloaded again for £1-£1.49 for GamePad and Miiverse use.

Famicom Annvisary titles (Limited time releases, 30p special price, see dates)
Balloon Fight - January
F-Zero - Febuary
Punch Out!! - March
Kirby’s Adventure - April 17 - May 16
Super Metroid - May 15 - June 13
Yoshi - June 12 - July 11
Donkey Kong - July 15 - August 13

Launch Games
Donkey Kong Jnr NES
Excitebike NES
Ice Climber NES
Punch-Out NES
F-Zero SNES
Mario's Super Picross SNES
Super Mario World SNES

2nd May 2013
Mega Man NES £3.49
Pac-Man NES £3.49

9th May 2013
Solomon's Key NES £3.49
Xevious NES £3.49

16th May 2013
Super Ghouls’n Ghosts SNES £5.49
Super Mario Bros 2 NES £3.49

23rd May 2013
Kirby’s Dream Course SNES £5.49 (£3.79 if you bought Kirby's Adventure, valid for 1 week)
Kirby Super Star SNES £5.49 (£3.79 if you bought Kirby's Adventure, valid for 1 week)

30th May 2013
Ghosts’n Goblins NES

6th June 2013
Spelunker NES £3.49

11th June 2013
Mega Man 2 NES £3.49
Mega Man 3 NES £3.49
Mega Man 4 NES £3.49

20th June 2013
Mario Bros NES £3.49
Wrecking Crew NES £3.49

27th June 2013
Balloon Fight NES £3.49
Vegas Stakes SNES £5.49

4th July 2013
Pilotwings SNES £5.49

11th July 2013
Metriod NES £3.49
Kid Icarus NES £3.49 (If you bought either game, you can buy the other for £1.74 up till 25 July 2013)

25th July 2013
Kirby's Dream Land 3 SNES £5.49

1st August 2013
Harvest Moon £5.49 SNES

8th August 2013
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire SNES
Galaga NES

22nd August 2013
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior SNES
Street Fighter II' Turbo: Hyper Fighting SNES
Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers SNES

29th August 2013
The Legend of Zelda NES

5th September 2013
Breath of Fire II SNES

12th September 2013
Super Mario Bros. NES

19th September 2013
Mega Man X SNES £5.49

26th September 2013
Zelda II £3.49 NES

3rd October 2013
Final Fight SNES £5.49
Final Fight 2 SNES 5.49
Final Fight 3 SNES £5.49

10th October 2013
Golf NES £3.49
Tennis NES £3.49

17th October 2013
Urban Champion NES £3.49
Clu Clu Land NES £3.49

24th October 2013
Donkey Kong 3 NES £3.49
Baseball NES £3.49
Pinball NES £3.49

31st October 2013
Super Castlevania IV SNES £5.49

15th November 2013
Mega Man X2 SNES £5.49

21st November 2013
Brawl Brothers SNES £5.49

Last edited:

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Kirby's Adventure for the NES is also there, still @ 30p, I think.

samtman

Spent so much time in my youth with solomons key. Don't think I could put myself through it again. Really enjoyed the game but played it so much that even now the music and sounds are still fresh in my head.

MikeeP84

Updated original post. Capcom are releasing two more games this month. Nintendo will make an announcement tomorrow regarding 16th May titles. Will should see at least one more title this week. Hopefully Street Fighter II!!!

Also note Super Metriod will be released Wednesday for 30p!!

Nezben

Distinguished Member
Can't wait for super metroid at a bargain 30p!

MikeeP84

Can't wait for super metroid at a bargain 30p!
Awesome price. Shame I missed F-Zero for 30p, won't be paying pull price. I'll be downloading most of the games I owned on the Wii. I doubt we'll see many different titles from the Wii.

MikeeP84

Apparently North America are getting Super Mario Bros 2 on Thursday.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member

MikeeP84

Yeah, think it did. About A4 size IIRC.
How do you get it for 30p?
Read orginal post mate. Nintendo are running a promotion where they are selling certain Virtual Console titles at 30p. One per month. Super Metriod is released on Wednesday for a month. Then it will go to full price

sjw

Sorry, I meant, literally how do I get it? Do I need to buy points or something and add them to an account? Can I just buy single games with a credit/debit card?

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
Sorry, I meant, literally how do I get it? Do I need to buy points or something and add them to an account? Can I just buy single games with a credit/debit card?
you can buy the game for 30p with a credit/debit card. That's how I've been buying my ones.

MikeeP84

Haha. Sorry.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
you can buy the game for 30p with a credit/debit card. That's how I've been buying my ones.
Yeah, you can either just use the correct amount, or put in what you want, in the "wallet", for future purchases.

Or you can use Club Nintendo scratch cards, save up them, buy them from Club Nintendo's area, and buy their virtual points to use, in the e-shop.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Have they started doing points for wii u and 3ds now.
I think so, I transferred about 400 over, from my Wii.
It said during the transfer, that a maximum of 10,000 could be stored.

EDIT: might have to check..they might only be used in Wii Mode..
In Japan, I know they are converted to real currency or something like that, for use on WiiU e-shop.

Last edited:

Nezben

Distinguished Member
Apparantly Super Metroid is going to be 50Hz version.

MikeeP84

Wii U Virtual Console
Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo, €4.99 / £3.49) — This is the US version of the game, with a 60Hz refresh rate. As is well known now, when it comes to the first Super Mario sequel, the West got an entirely different deal than those in Japan. Despite its style being an oddity in the series, this is still a lot of fun and, arguably, provides a template for how Mario can shake things up in the future. Running and jumping is still there, but some levels take plenty of exploring to figure out, while the four playable characters — each with different abilities — and the enemy tossing mechanics stand up rather well. We'll be adventuring through this again on Wii U, but in the meantime you can check out our Wii Virtual Console Super Mario Bros. 2 review.

Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (Capcom, €7.99 / £5.49) — This is the US version of the game, with a 60Hz refresh rate. Capcom's recent promise of 16-bit goodness on the Wii U begins here, with this classic and gruelling action game ready to test your skills and patience in the best possible way. With terrific sprite graphics and classic music to help you along, we suspect this one will make liberal use of the Wii U save state and restore point functionality. We'll review this version, but in the meantime you can check out our glowing recommendation in the Wii Virtual Console Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts review.

Wii U Virtual Console Promotion
Super Metroid (Nintendo, €0.30 / £0.30) — This is the European version of the game, which was optimised originally by the developer to offer gameplay and music speed similar to the US version. The aspect ratio has been corrected for this release. We suspect that this is the Famicom Anniversary promotion that many have been waiting for, as you can pick up one of the finest games to grace the Super NES for less than a packets of crisps. Even if you have this one already, this price is still only one fifth of the normal "upgrade price" from the Wii edition, and is still considered by some to be the definitive Samus Aran adventure. You can read why we think it's a true classic in our Wii Virtual Console Super Metroid review while we work on an updated assessment.

Wii U eShop Temporary Discount
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Gaijin Games, €8.99 / £8.00 until 30th May, normally €11.99 / £10.79)

Wii U Retail Permanent Reduction
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Namco Bandai, €29.99 / £23.99, was €54.99 / £37.49)

Wii U Retail Demo
Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom, free) — This HD re-release of the highly regarded 3DS title is now just two weeks away, so Capcom's providing a free demo to get you in the mood. This'll take you through the early — and eerie — stages on an abandoned cruise-liner. They're free scares, what's not to like?

Last edited:

Amph

Distinguished Member
Did the article give a date for these? Usually a Thursday ain't it?

Looking forward to SMB2. :D

Leterface

Novice Member
I have the white Wii U and don't want to use all space in its memory. Is it possible to download the Virtual Console games to a SD memory card?

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
I have the white Wii U and don't want to use all space in its memory. Is it possible to download the Virtual Console games to a SD memory card?
pretty sure you can mate, if you've got an external hdd connected i think you can choose to download the game to that or transfer it from internal hdd to external.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

McIntosh launches MX100 AV processor and MI347 power amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature