Virtua Tennis 2009 - Play And Help Thread

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please continue all discussion here.

Hi has anyone unlocked the arrrr trophy sink 3 galleon ships i sunk the ships on single player and world tour but it wont unlock thanks

I have unlocked it mate.

copped this yesterday on ebay!! £36 wow got it today. fantastic fun would definitely recommend it mate. it is like all the classic virtua tennis games with better graphics and updated playlists. the most fun i've had in a while!!
:thumbsup::):D

has this still got the mini games on it? and can you still play a world tour where your player can start from scratch and progree from that?

It is a chore to play through mind, and im in my 3rd season and am yet to drop a game, not even gone to 30 against.

And progress is so damn slow, in 50th in amatuer rankings, maybe im doing something wrong, i only play single matches by the way.

Hey got this game on Thursday and so far enjoying it , but has anyone played online ?? I have played two matches and lost due to possible cheaters , every time I skin a player I mean when the ball is way passed him and I'm about to get 15 points it frezzes and somehow he hits the ball:eek:, anyone got this happened??

Yeah i got the same, i was thinking it was poor servers.

The cheapest place i found was here 32,99

Virtua Tennis 2009 (PlayStation 3) at Gameplay - FREE UK Delivery

Mine is still on its way. Since i live in Denmark i gues ill get it thuesday. I somehow regret i pre ordered it.

Maybe its good but i heard a few negativies. Mainly it seems there are many reports of trophies not unlocking, and the game takes rediciusly long time to adcance through the singleplayer rankings, while it is incredibely easy. I dont know about the online yet, but if there are probelms with the servers that dosent help it eather.

Anyway its to late for me to cancel, so i gues ill just try and play it and see what all the fuss is about.

Hey got this game on Thursday and so far enjoying it , but has anyone played online ?? I have played two matches and lost due to possible cheaters , every time I skin a player I mean when the ball is way passed him and I'm about to get 15 points it frezzes and somehow he hits the ball:eek:, anyone got this happened??

i think online is great but whats happening with me is people are quiting when there losing and you dont get rewarded with the win, its very annoying:mad:

It is a chore to play through mind, and im in my 3rd season and am yet to drop a game, not even gone to 30 against.

And progress is so damn slow, in 50th in amatuer rankings, maybe im doing something wrong, i only play single matches by the way.

Well if you are doing it wrong, so am I. I've just started my 2nd season and i'm ranked 72nd, and like you I haven't dropped a game and have battered everyone so far.

Does anyone know how to change your Play Style??? It says you can change it in your Home, but I can't find an option to change it anyhere...

Does anyone know how to change your Play Style??? It says you can change it in your Home, but I can't find an option to change it anyhere...

You unlock them as you progress, i think its everytime you beat certain players in practice.

Im up to 27th now, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

You unlock them as you progress, i think its everytime you beat certain players in practice.

Im up to 27th now, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Well I know you get them for Beating the Acadamy challenges, but how to select them? Under my name it says "Rookie", and when I play other people they have things like "Strong Forehand", or "Fast Runner".

I assumed you could select these when you have won/unlocked them, like it says on the text underneath your Home on the World Tour. I just can't find the option in there.

Probably something really obvious :D

Hey,

Massive fan of the series. Heard this ain't much of an improvement over VT3 but still going to get this provided the online aspect is up to snuff. What are your thoughts so far on the online play? Obviously when a game like this is so fast paced and relies so much on timing it's crucial that there's no lag. Do the large majority of matches play as smoothly as offline matches?

Hey,

Massive fan of the series. Heard this ain't much of an improvement over VT3 but still going to get this provided the online aspect is up to snuff. What are your thoughts so far on the online play? Obviously when a game like this is so fast paced and relies so much on timing it's crucial that there's no lag. Do the large majority of matches play as smoothly as offline matches?

I've played one online game so far and got my ass handed to me :)

Lag (or lack of) seemed ok to me.

Well I know you get them for Beating the Acadamy challenges, but how to select them? Under my name it says "Rookie", and when I play other people they have things like "Strong Forehand", or "Fast Runner".

I assumed you could select these when you have won/unlocked them, like it says on the text underneath your Home on the World Tour. I just can't find the option in there.

Probably something really obvious :D
Go to Tennis Academy, then playstyles and just select what one you want(only unlocked ones mind :) ).

Dont know if it makes much difference.

Up to ranking 10 now, it only rises by 1 now(since about 20 :( )

I've played one online game so far and got my ass handed to me :)

Lag (or lack of) seemed ok to me.

Good to hear. I know from when I used to play FIFA 09 online that if you were playing someone with a bad connection the lag would be game-breaking; is there any way of knowing how good your opponent's connection is before challenging them, like there is in FIFA 09?

Good to hear. I know from when I used to play FIFA 09 online that if you were playing someone with a bad connection the lag would be game-breaking; is there any way of knowing how good your opponent's connection is before challenging them, like there is in FIFA 09?

Not as far as I can see. I've had some lag-free games, but I've also had quite a few games when the ball gets stuck at the back of the court, whilst the players are still able to move. That is terrible in a ranked game because somebody has to exit, and whoever does, loses the game.

There's also some instances when there is some serious slow down during normal offline gameplay. Like getting stuck for about half a second when the ball is hit hard, and your opponent stretches for the ball. Or just regular slow down during a doubles match when a lot is happening onscreen. And some other weird stuff such as my service bar moving from one side of my player to the other, and back again. The graphics are also worse than Virtua Tennis 3. If this is the result of having a 3D crowd, then take it back.

And what else - This afternoon I go to continue my World Tour game with my created character, and instead of being rank 77 where I left it, I'm at 100. And yet I'm still on the same month and week where I last saved it. And I've still got all my money that I've won. That sucks!!! :thumbsdow There's also a bug when I'm selecting my player's hitting motion - I like to have a single handed backhand, so I select number 6 of 12, and yet the player still has a 2-handed backhand during the game... :mad: Crap!

Oh, and also, why don't I get a trophy during that pirate ship game. It says sink 3 galleons during a game which I've done tons of times.

Anyway, just some real stupid bugs in the game. :suicide: Or maybe it's just my copy.

I hear you mate, the game is buggy as hell, ive not had the back to 100 ranking yet(touches wood), that would put me off big time.

Sadly another game in need of a patch.

Just unlocked Boris Becker as a playable character through the arcade mode.

Get 5 'A' rankings through arcade mode and then you get to play against Boris beat him and he is available to play as him.

Just completely ballsed up, got to ranking 8 so decided i'll skip to end of season 1-8seed tournament, only thing is i went past it.:blush:

Now im down to 10th again and a year away from seeing what happens.

Its such a slog and i dont know if i can be arsed to do it again.:suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom