Question Virgin Website 'What services can I get'

neil1979

Hi,

For about 3 weeks now I have been thinking of moving to virgin either to M500 or gig1 and the website said I could get 1gig etc. I have just checked today and it now says 200? Gone onto a chat and they are saying I can only get 200 although I live in a area that has gig1.

Anyone else had this or know a reason why it would change? Too many people suddenly signing up to it on my road maybe?

Cheers

Paul D

Might be because 1 gig should have been ready by now (and the checker wasn't updated), but Covid has put those plans back.

neil1979

It's back available on the website now. I saw a couple of guys putting in some cable so went out and asked and they were from virgin media. They looked as the green box thing is right outside my house and he said that it had plenty of room for connections so it couldn't have been that.

Anyway, maybe it was a blip on the website.

neil1979

It's all u have in my area unfortunately. I would rather go with someone else. I'll wait until others have control the area

Ronski

If an area is over subscribed and suffering congestion VM will limit the speeds available for new connections, this has nothing to do with ports available in the street cabinet but the available bandwidth. A few years back VM got a very bad slating on Watchdog because loads of areas had very bad congestion making peoples broadband almost unusable yet VM were actively pushing uptake of the fastest connections which just made matters worse. Fortunately things have improved greatly, and they now limit the speeds available until more bandwidth is available. Its possible this is what the OP had happen.

Just hope you never need to use VM support ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom