Question Virgin vrs sky channel list

tillytomps

Established Member
Reaction score
Thought I had my next 18months sorted with virgin, got a good deal and having the new V6 boxes delivered
But................
The missus now wants sky as when she was around a friends house she saw loads she would have watched on sky, but when home she can't find anything to watch:(
So looking on the net to defend virgin but I can't find a definitive channel list for both suppliers
Can anyone please point me in the right direction, so I can show her what channels or on either, as this is doing my head in now

Many thanks

To be honest I think Sky just to a better job of presenting their content making it easier to find. I think the only real difference channel wise is Sky Atlantic.

Yes I'd expect it was Sky Atlantic which has a lot of the US, mainly HBO shows. Might also have been the box sets you can get on demand on Sky of loads of TV shows (and movies)
Virgin used to have similar on demand stuff but think most of it has gone now hasn't it?

Virgin still has quite a catalogue of on-demand stuff. I've not missed anything on my searches...

Virgin still has quite a catalogue of on-demand stuff. I've not missed anything on my searches...

I agree, it's all there but as I said earlier, Sky make it much easier to find stuff.

I think Virgin, or maybe Tivo are trying to work towards the situation where you put into Search what you want to watch, and it pulls in the options from live, on-demand and Netflix, rather than making you go into each source to try to find them. I haven't used the Sky interface for quite some time, so I can't really compare

I think Virgin, or maybe Tivo are trying to work towards the situation where you put into Search what you want to watch, and it pulls in the options from live, on-demand and Netflix, rather than making you go into each source to try to find them. I haven't used the Sky interface for quite some time, so I can't really compare

The V6 already does that as far as I can tell from mine. Certainly whenever I series link something it pulls all episodes it can from all sources and they just appear in the folder for that show ready to play.

On a general note, I do know that there's a big UI update on the way for the V6 (not sure about the regular TiVo) so hopefully the gap will narrow between Sky & Virgin's interface soon.

thanks for the help guys, i did a comparison and i think you are basically right, she will have to just get on with it :)

Sky Q annoys me so much!

No favourite channel list, and all the channels are displayed even if you don't subscribe to them. At least with Virgin the channels are greyed out if you can't watch them.

Didn't know that, but now know for 18months time, I can see why u would get annoyed

Sky Q annoys me so much!

No favourite channel list, and all the channels are displayed even if you don't subscribe to them. At least with Virgin the channels are greyed out if you can't watch them.
Sky Q took us around 6 months to get used to! It was horrid. Used to it now though.
Thinking of getting Virgin and one of their bundles for one room TV, and BB and phone.

p.s. @philbot , love your Amiga WorkBench avatar! I still have 4 of them... Kick Off Association lives, by the way...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom