Answered Virgin V6 Video sender

tillytomps

Established Member
Reaction score
I have 2no Virgin V6 boxes, 1 in the lounge and 1 in cave, but i want to transmit the video from the one in the cave to another two TVs.
both TVs are about 15ft away one upstairs and one in another room from the V6 box.
I went into Maplins and asked and they pointed me towards a £300.00 HDMI over powerline box which i thought was expensive.
years ago i had some "response video senders" that worked great but they didn't do hdmi
so are there any cheaper options or any other solutions

Cheers

Personally I would just run 7m HDMI cables and fit an HDMI splitter to the back of the Box

Thanks for the reply i did think of something like that, but i would have to pull cables through newly decorated walls and ceilings, behind fitted wardrobes ect ect,

any other ideas ?

Can you go out through external walls and run the cable outdoors?

Can you go out through external walls and run the cable outdoors?
not easily as the cave is in the middle of the house, i could possibly get to one TV using a cable but would be a long way round, say 10-12mtrs

I think the cold hard truth is if you want to extend HDMI you either run cables or buy an expensive wireless transmitter.

The only other option I can think of which isn't a full solution, is that you could buy a cheap Android box for each TV and use the browser to access the Virgin TV Anywhere website.

That would give you live TV for a lot of the channels you have on the Virgin box and also catch-up TV.

It would also have the added bonus of converting the TVs into SMART TVs if they aren't already as the Android box would be able to access a large range of apps.

Ok, i was beginning to think the same, after numerous nights of searching the net
Si, if I can't run cables, what sender would you recommend?

Thanks neil

Ok, i was beginning to think the same, after numerous nights of searching the net
Si, if I can't run cables, what sender would you recommend?

Thanks neil

Not sure if you saw my post just above yours as we posted at the same time but I would explore that option first if only to rule it out.

This video below will give you a guide but from doing a limited amount of research, it would seem the most wireless transmitters only transmit to 1 receiver which isn't going to help you unless you can find one that transmits to 2 or you buy 2 lots which is going to get very expensive.

Thanks for the reply, and yes, I guess we replied at the same time
I can't watch the video at the moment as my phone won't open it....
Whilst writing what would the issues be of running a 15mtr hdmi cable to one TV, and a 25mtr hdmi cable to the other one?
Im not really interested in 4k hdr ect ect, just want a hood picture.

Many thanks again

Thanks for the reply, and yes, I guess we replied at the same time
I can't watch the video at the moment as my phone won't open it....
Whilst writing what would the issues be of running a 15mtr hdmi cable to one TV, and a 25mtr hdmi cable to the other one?
Im not really interested in 4k hdr ect ect, just want a hood picture.

Many thanks again

HDMI doesn't tend to fair too well over about 10m regardless of how good your cable is. For this reason you would need to run Cat6 cable and use the adaptor boxes that were linked to above by someone. Still way cheaper than any other solution and Cat6 is nice and small so it's easy to run through walls, under floor boards etc...

Ok, that's an option, but looking on eBay, some use twin cat6 some use twin cat 6, why is this?

Ok, that's an option, but looking on eBay, some use twin cat6 some use twin cat 6, why is this?

Not sure but all of the ones I'm looking at on Amazon do it with one single Cat6 per HDMI.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Cool, right so nearly there, so......
I guess I need to order two of these, one to each tv,?
And two cat6 cable at the length I need?

Thanks again for all your help

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom