Question Virgin V6 PSU popped and Virgin won't replace. Where can I buy one?

daveb975

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The PSU for my v6 box seems to have gone this morning. I called Virgin and they will only replace with an engineer visit, which I am unable to do for a few weeks.

I am quite happy to buy a new PSU myself, but I can't be sure which is the right one. The original Lite-on unit appears to sell through ebay quite frequently, but there aren't any on there at the moment.

Has anyone bought one of these separately?

The boxes (and the PSU's) are the property of VM & you're not allowed to tamper with them.
Surely you can get a relative/friend/neighbour to house sit for a VM Technician visit?

The boxes (and the PSU's) are the property of VM & you're not allowed to tamper with them.
Surely you can get a relative/friend/neighbour to house sit for a VM Technician visit?

I can't really, but fortunately a very helpful lady at VM has managed to beat their process and a new PSU is now waiting at home for me having been dropped off by an engineer between appointments.

I think it depends who you speak to. I had this V6 box delivered by courier in February when my original one became unstable, and returned the faulty one by courier as well.

Not that I'd claim to have a massive knowledge of this type of business, but it must cost them more to send an engineer out to replace a box or PSU than to get the customer to do it themselves if they are willing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom