Virgin v360 box HDMI issue

doopeydoo123

Novice Member
Hi All

I’m hoping some of you can help/advise with an intermittent HDMI issue I’m having with virgin 360 box…

I have also posted on VM’s own forums but no intelligent answers thus far from there…

Just ‘It’s not happened to me’ type responses which is frankly no use what so ever….

Ok here goes:

HDMI source list on TV (Panasonic 65 tx-65hx580b) lists HDMI 1 as ‘Vrigin TV, the label self-assigns as it does with other sockets ie HDMI 2 (Sonos Beam) HDMI 3 (Playstation…)

However the ‘Virgin TV’ label on source list often drops away & just displays as HDMI 1, when this happens the one touch function for the V360 box doesn’t always work, I then get the following behaviour:

What should happen is that when taking v360 box out of standby the Tv boots up & all is well, but often what happens now is the box will seemingly boot up/blue standby light turns white but TV says no signal…

At the other end when putting box into standby for the night it should return TV also to standby but again says no signal…

This problem started a few weeks ago & was very sporadic in nature, but is now becoming a more regular occurrence…

I’ve managed to get past it by performing a factory rest of the VM box, which returns the HDMI label to ‘Virgin TV’ & all seems well for a while but then fault returns after a few days…

Recently performing factory resets has not returned HDMI label to Virgin TV & thus currently a lottery if the TV will auto switch when taking box out of standby or it displays no signal, & again when putting box into standby whether it will simply put TV into standby or display no signal…

So now having to faff with switch box on/off 2-3 times to get it to activate TV when fault occurs

Switch off I can use the left TV button on the VM remote to get out of trouble, indecently one touch feature is set to ‘on’ on the V360 box..

I have also factory reset Tv & replaced HDMI cable out of curiosity but still no dice…

All other inputs ie Playstation, soundbar hold there self-assigned names on source list & work fine when powering up say PlayStation TV switches over etc & all good there…

I couple of things I have read that I’m willing to keep in mind is that…

• VM 360 boxes are still at development stage, therefore a risk of things not quite working properly.
  • Further firmware upgrades may iron this one out ?
Never had issues like this with previous V6 box, I’ve also read that possible compliance issue with HDCP ?, but getting no error codes so I may be shooting in the dark with that one…

Anyway hope someone can shed light on the above as it’s driving me round the bend a little especially with wife calling me at work saying TV/box not working every few days/or it took 4 tries to get it to work etc…

Anyway thanks for taking the time to view this & hoping any of you can advise..

Kind Regards

E

apocalypse8790

Standard Member
I was part of the trial team before the release and I found it was easier not to use the one-power on some setups as some ARC/ similar systems etc can cause confusion when the box send the HDCP ping.
I personally don't use the one power and have no issues. :)

doopeydoo123

Novice Member
Ok in that case I’ll switch the one touch off & see how it goes, I’m now starting to wonder if the one touch be also causing picture issue I recently recently posted as is also intermittent in nature & only happens sometimes after switching on...
Many thanks for your reply 👍

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom