• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Virgin V+ - how can I change channel if box is hidden?

skinnymcgurty

Standard Member
Hi I have just bought a new telly and looking to put my V+ box into a cupboard to hide it but dont know what I can buy to enable me to change channels without having to open the cupboard each time! Many thanks, :lease:

plezz

Standard Member
I've got a cabinet from ikea for my virgin box and xbox 360 with a frosted glass door, and can use my virgin remote and xbox wireless controller without any loss of signal from either remote/controller.I cant remember the name of the cabinet or doors, possibly varne or something like that, but they look good and the lights on the box glow nicely behind the tinted glass lol.I've noticed a few cabinets in argos ikea etc that mention the glass works with remotes, might be worth checking out!hope this helps at all?

zico martin

Established Member
I use these and they work fantastic. (All my AV stuff is in my understairs cupboard)

Powermid remote extender

Well as Ive got my V+ sent up into the bedroom via an RF cable I suspect this could be my easiest and cheapest of changing the channels from there! My only quibble about moving from sky+ to V+ was the fact the I could no longer use my magic eye to change channels and now this seems like the best solution. Or have I missed something?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom