Virgin V+ HD Box

suncrust

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have recently had Virgin installed after years with Sky. My TV is a four year old Humax with DVI connection not HDMI;I got an adaptor and connected fine-but it is sound only.I have since investigated a CYL converter box in which you put the optical digital lead from the Virgin V+ HD Box and take phone leads out into an external amplifier,Before I get one of these;the engineers left my V box ob SD Scart connection-how do I change back to HD connection-and can you "swap" between the two-as I want to play/record stuff on my DVD recorder

Try asking the mods to move to move this to the correct forum, cable.

It's done.

I am sorry-it must be my age (69) !! I didn't really understand your reply;I still don't know how to switch my V+ Box/TV to HD and if I can switch between the two-enabling me to play/record on my DVD recorder

The SCART (DVD) socket remains active whether you are in HD or SD mode. The HD mode for the box is easily found in the menu. Once it is set you can remove the SCART connection to the TV and use the HDMI lead.

Mike-Is it possible to buy a scart adapter to plug into the tv with an on/off switch so that,rather than unplugging the scart lead each time I want to use HDMI connection-I could just switch it off?

The short answer is 'no'.

I'm not sure why you want to keep unplugging the SCART lead. Basically you only need it for setting up (See the concise instructions at the beginning of the Virgin Media Thread of the Forum) and there is no reason why SCART and HDMI cannot be in place all the time. You simply chose which input you require to view from your TV. One does not affect the other.

Note that HDMI connections do not 'over-ride' at switch-on like SCART leads did. The arrangement varies from TV to TV. The SCART lead to the DVD recorder can also remain in place all the time. The output SCART from your DVD recorder should go to a spare input on the TV.

Thanks again Mike;it is just that I go to settings menu and only given the choice of RGB or composite;I can't seem to find where I can change from SD to HD and vice versa

Thanks again Mike;it is just that I go to settings menu and only given the choice of RGB or composite;I can't seem to find where I can change from SD to HD and vice versa

On the settings menu you change TV Display Format from HD to SD. When you do this the option below it will change wording so the in HD mode you get 720 or 1080 resolutions and in SD mode you get RGB or composite.

Also make sure you turn SCART control (detection) off or you will always have your TV auto switching to the SCART input.

David

On the settings menu you change TV Display Format from HD to SD. When you do this the option below it will change wording so the in HD mode you get 720 or 1080 resolutions and in SD mode you get RGB or composite.

Also make sure you turn SCART control (detection) off or you will always have your TV auto switching to the SCART input.

David

Thanks David;now I am getting to the crux!!! I can't find any where on the settings menu that enables me to change from TV Display format from HD to SD.Is there another menu that I haven't found yet?!!

Thanks David;now I am getting to the crux!!! I can't find any where on the settings menu that enables me to change from TV Display format from HD to SD.Is there another menu that I haven't found yet?!!

I assume you are pressing "Home" and then selecting option 8. You should then select option 4 "Change Display and Audio settings" The option is second from the top "Change display format".

David

If you are talking about your TV set menu then there is no reason why there would be a HD/SD control. HD Ready TV sets display HD signals as HD (from an HDMI input) and upscale SD signals to fill the screen with varying degrees of success.

Thanks for all your help;I have solved the problem

Given all the responses that you have received, it would be useful for you to post the solution so others can benefit from the thread.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom