• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Virgin V+ box splitting signal

ARCHIE3736

Standard Member
Hello, I have today 'upgraded' to the V+ box, the previous box (without HD and hard drive) was set up in such a way that the RF out was sent to a booster then the signal was sent to all the t.v.'s in the house. this new box does not have the coax outlet. I'm no expert on this subject and only managed to achieve the previous set up by chance. it now seems like i've taken a backwards step, Does antone know how to send this signal to my other t.v.'s ? I have read elsewhere that using a scart from the video out on the v+ box into a video player then utilzing the RF out on this machine works, however not in my case! I'm thinking I might return to the old system. Thank you

Mad Mike

The option of using a SCART connect video player (like a DVD recorder) only works if the video player generates a RF signal. Many (most?) don't. Just because a video player may have a RF in and out socket, doesn't mean it can generate a RF signal. I have two (Panasonic & Samsung) and neither do. Mind you I only found out by reading the small print of the user manual. However a VCR will usually work as that vintage of player usually does generate a RF signal.

The alternative is to use a RF modulator, connected to the V+ box's 'VCR SCART'. RF modulators previously recommended here are:-
- PROception proMOD1 from £29.95 from Blake, tvaerials, amazon etc e.g.
UHF Modulator
- Labgear UHF min RF modulator (MX MOD111) from about £31.37 from tlc-direct, amazon, ebay e.g.
UHF Mini RF Modulator

With both you can select the UHF channel, and 'mix' an aerial signal(Freeview), so you can distribute both around the house using the one cable.

I bought the latter, as you can also adjust the signal level of the modulated RF output, which is useful if you are mixing an aerial signal (so the two can be set to a similar signal level).

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom