Virgin Unlimited

LemonGrab

Not posted in this section of the forums before so hi :hiya:

I have a question regarding my virgin unlimited cable broadband account. I download from usenet on a very regular basis (about 100GB+ per month) and i have seen that virgin state in their terms and conditions that the download limit is 'limitless' i checked the small print about what i could and could not do and no where does it state that i will be penalised/disconnected for throttaling the network.

NTL never use to care the amount i downloaded but im worried that now virgin are in charge it could be a different story. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
So, what is your question?

If you are worried that Virgin will cap your downloads, from here:
Q: Is it true that downloads will be capped?
A: Our cable services are not capped and there are no intentions to introduce any usage limits - these are unlimited.
I can't see what you could be downloading 100GB+ per month for legally. Ever thought of buying a cinema ticket or DVDs?

LemonGrab

So, what is your question?

If you are worried that Virgin will cap your downloads, from here:

I can't see what you could be downloading 100GB+ per month for legally. Ever thought of buying a cinema ticket or DVDs?

To your first part WILL I GET PENALISED FOR DOWNLOADING LOTS

And to your comment mind your own business.

wormvortex

you won't get penalised. I downloaded around that much last month and probably the month before and didn't get so much of a letter

Rygar

So far as i know the cable services really are unlimited (although i suspect if you really take the pee month after month you will crop up on their radar).

Their ADSL services are far from unlimited. Somehow though they can use the word "unlimited" with both services yet having totally different actual meanings:
Cable unlimited = unlimited
ADSL unlimited = 40GB per month.

LemonGrab

Iv been doing a bit of research and it turns out the the cable is unlimited and always will be unless virgin have a change of heart as now virgin actually own the cables, exchange etc.

The problem with the adsl is that they still need to rent from BT for there lines so there is a cap on what the consumer can use.

Personally i think its high time BT lost there strangle hold on adsl.

triplea4uk

VM are testing equipment in there exchanges which controls traffic so if your high downloader you will start to get punished.

I know people in Northampton that do lot of downloading and there speeds have been affected also peak times seem to be awful this is suppose to be the 10mb service runs at 2-8

LemonGrab

By penalisation i meant extra charge on the bill or nasty/threatening letters.

I hate the way these companies state 'unlimited broadband for all' unlimited should mean exactly that, this country is so far behind in terms of infrastructure.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom