• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

virgin to sky

stee

Standard Member
Hi, im with virgin media but want hd so thinkin of sky hd, is there any disadvantages in leaving v. media, cheers.....

Ben

The V+ has one more tuner & arguably upscales SD better than Sky HD, but that's about it.

ase001

VM have a better on demand service and that's about all, the V+ box is now £99:thumbsdow I'm sure when new HD channels are added they will start charging extra. Cable has little scope for expansion and Fribre is very new so to get higher profits they have to get that from us and I see HD as the cash cow for future growth!

beasty54

Distinguished Member
Ive had V+ installed today for £30 and i'm far more impressed with the service than i was with skys service. On Demand.... WOW, i'm extremely impressed with amount of content available, theres not tons of HD on the On Demand but theres enough for me (remember half of Sky HD is upscaled SD) The SD picture quality is fantastic, the box has 3 tuners and its much cheaper if you dont want movies or sports, oh and you get setanta sports free with the XL package at around £20. If your willing to take out a broadband and phone as well your likely to get a discounted monthly subscription. I currently pay £60 pm for XL TV, XL phone and XL broadband (20mb)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom