Virgin STB settings page

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by StevieDvd, Sep 16, 2007.

1. StevieDvd

StevieDvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    I had a bit of an issue with watching on demand and the git it sorted with Virgin help. When they asked me to check the settings page for some details I paged through to see what other info was on there. There's a Credit amount shown, which was over £60 yesterday but down to £30 today.

Anyone know what this is? Have I got some credit to use I did not know about and here did the £30 go last night since I never watched anything that needed paying for?

2. OneTrouble

OneTrouble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    nothing to do with you mate...

its to do with the card..when its not paired with a box..its standard credit can hold x amount of money..when its paired the cable company will then change it to the set amount they think is enough for a customer to view in a month..

£30 to them is the standard

£60 is the x amount already set when the card was never used..........nothing to worry about...they could set the limit to £1000 if they wanted too..but when they set up on demand and interactive for each card and stb..the computers at their end set the credit limit..

so even if you had £1000 on the card, you cant use it because the cable company need to actually activate the card to allow bookings to me made and stored for the cable company to charge you..

you would always have £30..its just that the computers at their office did not alter your cards credit limit

3. StevieDvd

StevieDvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    OK so basically no free naughty movies then:)

Thanks

Steve

4. m.stephens

m.stephens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Mine said £105 last time I looked