1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virgin show the true meaning of customer support

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by melliott1963, Feb 10, 2004.

1. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Following on from my previous thread called "BEWARE!!! - Nokia Rip-off ", having written to Trading Standard, Ofcom, The Sun Newspaper and BBC Watchdog, I thought I'd try emailing Virgin (I'm on the Virgin Network), to see if they could apply some presure on Nokia.

That was yesterday. This morning I received an email from Virgin. Whilst they haven't spoken to Nokia, they expressed their concern that I'd had this problem with Nokia and, as a goodwill gesture, they've credited my account with £10 (this is £4 more than I lost to Nokia).

Personally, I think this is excellent. Virgin had nothing to do with my initial loss, so were not obligated to give me anything, but nevertheless, they did.

This, to me, shows that there are decent companies out there who do genuinely care about their customers, and they're not all money grabbing scumbags!

So, spread the word - Virgin good, Nokia ****!

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Good news. I do think that, in general, customer care is fairly high on Virgin's agenda.