Virgin Servers

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Hi in the last 2 weeks I am getting interruptions to streaming accompanied by the message "No internet connection" i.e the wifi connection to the router is OK but connection to the internet is lost. I am similarly getting also dropouts on Zoom sessions even on an ethernet connected PC. However in all cases go to settings and all appears well. This is annoying as often involves restarting Zoom session or restarting media via Netflix etc.

First thing I did of course was to check download speed on ethernet connected PC and got well over 500mbps.
However I noticed that Virgin Media servers no longer appear in "Change server" list on OOKLA used to find I was connected to a VM server in Milton Keynes or another in Welwyn Garden City both nearer than the third party servers I now find I am connected to in Leicester or London.

Have VM shut down their own servers? Not saying this is the cause of my problem but seems coincidental.

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Got message you have been upgraded FOC to M600 (from M500) but have since noticed speed varies from around 480 to max recorded of 596mbps. Seems better on Netflix but has not improved TV streaming of iPlayer 4k UHD which still drops out about 40-50% way through programme? Get over 90 mbps on phone in TV location.
Notice that VM servers are still absent from list of "local" servers?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom