Virgin PAC Nightmare

Erabus

Standard Member
Reaction score
Recently Virgin Mobile changed to Vodaphone, which has resulted with either no signal or 1 bar on my phone, It`s now useless
So I signed up with EE with excellent reception.
I have been trying to get a PAC code from Virgin Mobile for the last 5 days. They admit thay have an IT problem and it will be resolved as quickly as possible
I have tried every day to chase this code with no success
Today Vigin informed me "They are still within the timescale for issuing a PAC"
I have searched the OFCOM site for a precise quote on "how much time does it take to issue a PAC", but I can find nothing
I need something to quote Virgin to act as leverage as my patience is exhausted

I just read on the Virgin web site No of Complaints from 1/1/21 to 30/6/21 = 6009

Last edited:
How did you request your pac code? You can send a text to receive it, which I imagine is pretty quick. I wouldn't trust speaking to someone as its easy to either get fobbed off or they can forget.

Here's a bit from the website with the methods of getting it:

Screenshot_20211225-190345.png

If life was only that easy
(a) I have used 65075 Multiple times, returns "Unable to process your PAC at the current time, please try later"
(b) tried to switch from my account page - same response
(c) spoke to Customer Services 3 or 4 times- same response
(d) Resolution Dept cant help as it with the IT
(e) Virgin Employee on their Forum cant help as it`s with IT
I was promised a reply from IT within 3 -5 days, that was 6 days ago

I have joined Plusnet Mobile as they are with EE and I have broadband with them
I read on their web site moments ago " if you are having trouble getting a PAC code let us know and we will start to switch this end "
I will call them tommorow

Unfortunately if there are technical problems, waiting may be the only option, no harm in phoning plusnet though.

I will let you know of PN`s response,
As I cant be the only customer with Virgin after a PAC they must be inundated with complaints about this fiasco

I'd be tweeting and emailing Virgin (you can find email addresses for example the CEO's office online) with OFCOM cc'ed to the tweets and emails.

OFCOM says:

If you want to switch and keep your existing phone number, text ‘PAC’ to 65075 to begin the process. Your provider will reply by text within a minute. They will send you your switching code, called a ‘PAC’, which will be valid for 30 days. Their reply must also include important information – such as any charges that you have to pay if you’re leaving your contract early; or your credit balance, if you’re a pay-as-you-go customer.

You can also request your PAC via your online account on your provider's website. When you do this, your provider must provide your PAC within one minute, just as they would if you requested it by text.

PlusNet cant help with my situation although they were very courteous
7 days and still waiting from Virgin
Located email address for Virgin CEO - returns unknown, non existant
Looking on the web, those earlier who received an ackowledgement from the CEO`s email, proved a waste of time
Automated answer with no follow-up

Last edited:
Submitted a formal complaint to OFCOM
Within a couple of hours they responsed saying they would contact Virgin and stipulate to them to abide by the rules and generate a PAC immediately
By late afternoon Virgin contacted me with the PAC
So it only took 9 days to get the Porting Code
OFCOM informed me under the Code of Practice I was elligible for Compensation, I wonder how long that will take
This makes interesting reading on Trust Pilot

Submitted a formal complaint to OFCOM
Within a couple of hours they responsed saying they would contact Virgin and stipulate to them to abide by the rules and generate a PAC immediately
By late afternoon Virgin contacted me with the PAC
So it only took 9 days to get the Porting Code
OFCOM informed me under the Code of Practice I was elligible for Compensation, I wonder how long that will take
This makes interesting reading on Trust Pilot

OFCOM always seems quite hot on jumping on networks being idiots over PAC supply, good thing you got it sorted in the end.

Looking back on the Virgin Forum, when I mentioned I had lodged a complaint with OFCOM, the Virgin Rep wrote to the effect " its no good complaining to OFCOM, they only register complaints, they dont act upon individual cases, you are wasting your time if you think they will speed up the issuing of your PAC"
I replied " Well i have a named person at OFCOM who within two hours has spoken to me about my complaint. At this very moment she is writing to Virgin instructing you to immediately issue a PAC and to discuss compensation"
He who dares Win`s !

Jeez, what a palaver, that would put anyone off signing up to VM.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom