virgin or sky

chris1976

hi after over 20 years with sky im thinking of jumping ship to virgin

my broadband contract has expired with sky so im paying over the top for it atm and im only getting 33 meg so im definately going to be signing up with virgin on that front

however i see they are doing up 512mb unlimited sim and tv package for £89 which is tempting although i have about 4 months left on my sky tv contract

how does the two compare? im guessing sky has more channels and a better interface

cheers

JayCee

Distinguished Member
33Mbps is plenty for streaming Netflix etc.
Have you tried to renegotiate your Sky package?

lee667

Distinguished Member
hi after over 20 years with sky im thinking of jumping ship to virgin

my broadband contract has expired with sky so im paying over the top for it atm and im only getting 33 meg so im definately going to be signing up with virgin on that front

however i see they are doing up 512mb unlimited sim and tv package for £89 which is tempting although i have about 4 months left on my sky tv contract

how does the two compare? im guessing sky has more channels and a better interface

cheers

With the exception of Atlantic I think tv is pretty much the same. You might get a bit more uhd content but the channels should be more or less the same.

I can't comment on the sky interface as haven't used it for a while but the virgin one isn't too bad and quite self explanatory. They've not long released the virgin 360 box but not sure what the main differences are besides the inclusion of voice searching.

chris1976

33Mbps is plenty for streaming Netflix etc.
Have you tried to renegotiate your Sky package?
no when theres 4 of us trying to stream at the same time or if the bairns playing fortnight

to be fair weve manged up to now but i dont want to committ to another 18 months, not when i can get virgin

chris1976

well iv just cancelled sky broadband i have another year on my tv contract with the lot.

but i couldnt resist the oomph package for £79 so will have both sky and virgin

sounds extravagant but the way i see it is i was willing to pay £45 for the 516mb internet, im going to transfer my sim over to them so thats worth £20 to me im cancelling movies and kids on my sky package so theres another £9 and she offered me £50 credit sover the course of the 12 months left on my sky contract theres another £5/month
so that comes in bang on £79 months worth of value to me - if that makes sense

but i will have 516 mb as opposed to 33 now
unlimited data as opposed to 45mb now
bt sports which i dont currently have
and an extra box which means i will have 2 uhd boxes in the house and a sky mini

so im a happy bunny

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 Review, Apple Lossless & Dolby Atmos @ no cost, Sennheiser IE900 review + more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom