Quantcast

Virgin - NTL

Highgord

Novice Member
HI All,
I used to be with NTL for digital tv and broadband, however I moved to Sky over ten years ago. At present I still have two NTL broadband boxes on my living room walls and a great green cable in my front garden. Despite repeated phone calls to Virgin, they do not seem interested in removing the boxes or the cable. Am I within my rights to cut and remove the cable from my property?

dante01

Distinguished Member
Am I within my rights to cut and remove the cable from my property?
Yes, but only after putting your request in writing and giving Virgin Media 28 days to comply with your wishes.

I doubt they'd do anything even if you didn't go about things in accordance with the law. It would only be an issue if you actually wanted VM services in the future and they'd then have to lay new cabling into your home. If you have no intention of ever wanting VM services then there should be no problem. If you simply remove the boxes from the walls within your home, you would not need to do anything because I doubt that VM have record of what you have installed and would simply fit new boxes should you even want VM services.

Last edited:
Top Bottom