Virgin.net email settings

Space Aware

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but couldnt find anything anywhere else.....

Can anybody tell me the the server names for virgin.net

I need the names for the outgoing and incoming servers..pop3 and smtp ect...

Many Thanx in advance....:smashin:

Ben

Think they're pop.virgin.net & smtp.virgin.net funnily enough ;) :)

Space Aware

Ben

Hmm, what's the domain name in your e-mail address?

Have you tried pop3.blueyonder.co.uk & smtp.blueyonder.co.uk yet?

Space Aware

yep tried them too with no luck...

I'm with virgin.net...

Hmm, what's the domain name in your e-mail address?

Have you tried pop3.blueyonder.co.uk & smtp.blueyonder.co.uk yet?

Ben

What error message are you getting when you hit Send/Receive when using the virgin.net servers? (Not the blueyonder ones)

Space Aware

What error message are you getting when you hit Send/Receive when using the virgin.net servers? (Not the blueyonder ones)
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was ******@*****.com. Subject 'Re: Here is the information regarding your family', Account: 'mail.virgin.net (1)', Server: 'mail.virgin.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 RCPT TO:<******@*****.com> Relaying not allowed - please use SMTP AUTH', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Ben

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was ******@*****.com. Subject 'Re: Here is the information regarding your family', Account: 'mail.virgin.net (1)', Server: 'mail.virgin.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 RCPT TO:<******@*****.com> Relaying not allowed - please use SMTP AUTH', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
Shouldn't that read as smtp.virgin.net ?

Also - presuming you're using Outlook or Outlook Express - in the server settings, is the box that says "My server requires authentification" ticked or unticked?

Space Aware

Yep...you got it...it was the authentification box..ticked it now and its fine....cheers for the help everybody!:thumbsup:
Shouldn't that read as smtp.virgin.net ?

Also - presuming you're using Outlook or Outlook Express - in the server settings, is the box that says "My server requires authentification" ticked or unticked?

Top Bottom