Virgin mobile double data Black Friday deal.

the whistler

Prominent Member
Reaction score
If you are a virgin mobile customer you may like to know that they currently have a free Black Friday double data deal.

Logon to your account, go to the manage addons option and select the double deal offer.

Your monthly data will instantly double and remain doubled for the duration of your contract. It works for rolling monthly contracts and long term ones.

It's easy and it's free ..... But hurry it expires 28th November.

As I remember they told me that this is only for the 1GB & 2GB ( and maybe the 500MB but can't remember that bit! ) ONLY, none of the others over 2GB tariffs are included in the double data black fridaydeal!..

Hmm I added this to mine and selected asap for it to be added. Still not showing as added. The 100mb goodwill that was on before is on it however. Do I need to de-select this or does it take a few days?

If you are a virgin mobile customer you may like to know that they currently have a free Black Friday double data deal.

Logon to your account, go to the manage addons option and select the double deal offer.

Your monthly data will instantly double and remain doubled for the duration of your contract. It works for rolling monthly contracts and long term ones.

It's easy and it's free ..... But hurry it expires 28th November.

I have been a customer of Virginmedia/Mobile for many years but now I feel that I have no choice but to leave.

On the 7th of November I upgraded my mobile account to the new 4G tariff. I'm on a monthly tariff of £9 for 1GB of data. I now see that for a special "Black Friday" deal Virgin are doubling the data to 2GB on the same tariff. I called Virgin and requested to be placed on the same deal. I was told that no changes can be made to my tariff until Dec 4th. By then the double data deal will no longer be available. I spoke to retentions who confirmed that this deal was only available to new customers. I told them that I consider this policy to be discriminatory agains loyal, long standing customers. Therefore as a matter of principle I will be leaving at the earliest opportunity. I can get a very similar deal from other providers.

It is with a very heavy heart I have to say goodbye

hmm just been on it again to check I had added it correctly. Got the oops something went worg. Tried again 5 mins later and there is no selectable add on anymore !

Seems to only be on 4G deals. 'Nothing to see here' when I select add-ons. Am on an older 3G deal.

My wife and I have both taken out the 1gb 4g £9 data plan this week and managed to successfully add on the double data deal.

Just upgraded to this successfully for 3 phones. It wouldn't work from the mobile site but did on PC. Just login and view your summary, then there is a link for each plan to see 4G tariffs. Selected £9 for 1GB, then on next page tick the Free Add On Promotion. Job done!

Wasn't manage add ons for me. Overview, then view 4g tariff. I was only on 3g before.

Wasn't manage add ons for me. Overview, then view 4g tariff. I was only on 3g before.

I'm on 3G and due upgrade.
I got there online, here We're doing some work on our site (after previewing my post, site not available) but was asking me what number I wanted to use and 'new number' seemed to be the only choice.
Called them and as it wasn't between 8am and 8pm was advised to call back on 08001831150. Operator advised me that I was eligible for the 2Gig 4G £9 deal. Will call them back tomorrow. Think the deal is available until Monday.

I have been a customer of Virginmedia/Mobile for many years but now I feel that I have no choice but to leave.

On the 7th of November I upgraded my mobile account to the new 4G tariff. I'm on a monthly tariff of £9 for 1GB of data. I now see that for a special "Black Friday" deal Virgin are doubling the data to 2GB on the same tariff. I called Virgin and requested to be placed on the same deal. I was told that no changes can be made to my tariff until Dec 4th. By then the double data deal will no longer be available. I spoke to retentions who confirmed that this deal was only available to new customers. I told them that I consider this policy to be discriminatory agains loyal, long standing customers. Therefore as a matter of principle I will be leaving at the earliest opportunity. I can get a very similar deal from other providers.

It is with a very heavy heart I have to say goodbye

I was on a sim only all you can eat data deal with a loyalty discount which they told me was ending a few weeks ago. So I recently changed my contract to 4GB for £15 a month. I saw this and just called them and they have agreed to change my contract to the £12 double data deal (so I still get 4GB). It might be worth calling them again.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom