Virgin Megastores in London have some !

gurka

Established Member
Reaction score
Quickly ! Virgin Megastore in Kensington, Picadilly and somewhere else have about 10 to 13 but you need to be quick (I got mine from the Liverpool Street store !) Green on go go go

p.s Tel: 0207 631 1234 and 0207 439 2500

Both Plymouth stores had stock this morning. Drakes Circus Mall had 19 (sold out), the older store had 5! And I had the last 1, but there was nearly a disaster area!

Got to the store (9:30), 4 left, got to the counter asked for a Wii got told you had to buy a game with it, said ok, went to the back of the store to pick one, went back to the counter to find the girl I spoke too selling some big fat old bloke TWO Wii's another women at the next till buying one and one was on pre-order so NONE LEFT. NOT happy! pointed out I was actually before the big fat old man (who didn't bat an eyelid) the girl on the till agreed I was, bloke serving me said ermmm I’ll take a look upstairs, returned clutching Wii, which was destined for a member of Virgin staff, so alls well that ends well Virgin pulled through in the end and were actually very good about everything. As an aside they don’t think they’ll have anymore before Xmas.

Just rang Liverpool Street/ Bishopsgate - they said they had some a delviery at 8am and they had all sold by 08:20 ... grrr ! Not expecting anymore before Christmas! Double Grrr!

Game on Oxford Street have plenty, I'm told, but they're selling them in 4 or 6 game bundles!

Just rang Picadilly branch too - much the same response of course.:(

The virgin in croydon say they are getting some sometime this week, which could be today aswel.

Just got back from the one in Bromley. The B*stards had one left but wouldn't sell it without you purchasing 10 (YES, 10) games. What a rip off. I even asked my wife to go in and try with the same response. ANGRY!

Just rang Game, Oxford Street - say they sold out in 10 minutes.
It looks like the only way to get one before Christmas is on chance in the morning at Game/Virgin stores etc, which unfortunately I don't have the opportunity to do :(

If I knew one of them had stock I could get a cab there, but of course it would be too late by then :( :(

Just got back from the one in Bromley. The B*stards had one left but wouldn't sell it without you purchasing 10 (YES, 10) games. What a rip off. I even asked my wife to go in and try with the same response. ANGRY!

10 games!! Damm. I live in bromley so as soon as I heard bromley virgin I was cursing as I would of missed out.

I didnt think there were 10 games available!!

Exactly - quite what they are going to bundle is a mystery. I didn't think there were 10 games available either. My wife even insisted on speaking to the manager and he wouldn't budge!

Virgin in Liverpool Street insist you buy one game, this is not too unreasonable i don't think.

Exactly - quite what they are going to bundle is a mystery. I didn't think there were 10 games available either. My wife even insisted on speaking to the manager and he wouldn't budge!

I'd make a formal complaint: [email protected]

Virgin Retail Ltd
Customer Service Department
The School House
50 Brook Green
London
W6 7RR
0845 277 7447

I'd also inform Nintendo.

10 games is absolutely ridiculous.

this is stupid. .. no one should be forced into buying extra games.. every retailer should be made to sell consoles on their own, if thats what customers want

I think differently, but reasonable 1-2 game bundles should be available with a choice of games if need be.

Stores have to take a certain number of games, to be given consoles you see, so it's perfectly fine that they put bundles together.

However, 10 is ludicrouss and you have every right to complain.

Virgin in Liverpool Street insist you buy one game, this is not too unreasonable i don't think.

That tiny store near Tesco? Suprised they sell any consoles as it's so tiny.

Thats what I thought ! but they have a bit at the back where all the goodies are kept !

Phoned MK megastore at just gone 9 this morning, was told they had 10 left, asked if they could hold one for me (previous afternoon had been told this would not be a problem when they get some in ... for up to 24 hrs even!) but surprise, surprise was told they couldn't, not even for 10 minutes while I drove up and parked. So flew up (obeying speed limits of course !) and was told they 2 left, but I had to buy 2 games as well !!! Not too pleased as originally planned to just entertain the family with the sports for a while, but had to relent, tried to buy Monkey ball and Zelda but no Zelda in stock !.... had to buy COD3 instead, which was £45 !

Still I'm not too upset (no great surprise!), may just take the games back later for a refund, bloke behind me bought the last one, was told they got 20 in this, morning all gone now though I'm afraid.

VM in Bluewater had 88 units in stock.

They still had some when I left 20 mins ago - maybe 30 or 40?

You have to buy either 2 games with the console or a game and an accessory.

Managed to pick up LoZ: TP and Super Monkey Ball.

They said they had wiimotes but couldn't locate them - though they should of found them by now!

Managed to also visit John Lewis and buy the last Wii Play box set with extra wiimote ^____^

Phoned MK megastore at just gone 9 this morning, was told they had 10 left,

I am sooooo glad i didnt go in there then, i was outside there about 9 while my mate poped to the kiosk for some smokes, if i had that would be one bouncing mortgage payment this month!!! :D

Just rang VM Bluewater - confirmed they'd ha din 88 wiis but sold out in about 90 minutes. :( :( :(

Thanks for the information, I've just sent a strongly worded email to the Customer Services address. My money is on getting no response but I'll post it if I ever receive an explanation.
Cheers, Lee

I'd make a formal complaint: [email protected]

Virgin Retail Ltd
Customer Service Department
The School House
50 Brook Green
London
W6 7RR
0845 277 7447

I'd also inform Nintendo.

10 games is absolutely ridiculous.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom