Virgin Medias non existant customer service

grahammacqueen

Standard Member
Reaction score
5 time in 12 months lost phone for over 5 days. Reported on a Thursday to be told "its a network problem we are working on it will be on inside 2 hours" 4 hours later it suddenly is "your phone at fault we have tested it this end" and we cant get you an engineer on next Tuesday between 8-12. 2 oclock phone them up from my daughters to be told its been moved to Thursday between 4-8. Told them not acceptable moved to another dept to be told engineer just didnt turn up for 6 of his calls and offered a cancellation for Wednsday. Got an apology, first one for the last 5 cock ups. All these bar one or always down to an engineer mucking up a sub box at the bottom of my road. But the best one was when we lost our phone last March only to find or number had been issued to a new customer 4 days of calling always being told the phone is working no one listening to us telling them yes but not in our house. 7 days to get it back and the only compensation, the took off the 7 calls the new people made to India but not the 5 to local numbers that they called in the same period. Customer Care--- Customer could'nt care less

I may just be lucky, but I have always had great customer service from Virgin. Whether it be TV,Telephone, Broadband or Mobile queries I have had they have always been helpful and courteous. I still get my V+ box freezing when I watch Catch-up Tv but I can live with that for the time being.

I may just be lucky, but I have always had great customer service from Virgin. Whether it be TV,Telephone, Broadband or Mobile queries I have had they have always been helpful and courteous. I still get my V+ box freezing when I watch Catch-up Tv but I can live with that for the time being.

Ditto!:clap: My V+ does not freeze when watching catch -up TV? As these days there are several ways of accessing this "service" - please describe what you are doing?

i.e. Rewind live TV. I-player/netplayer etc. VOD etc.?

I think we've lost our phone service for 2-3 days in over 12 years.

Try and watch Holby while it's recording though and that's a 100% fail, as it stops about 20 mins in (happened about 10 times).
But it's the only programme it happens on.
I haven't worked that one out

Last edited:
I think we've lost our phone service for 2-3 days in over 12 years.

Try and watch Holby while it's recording though and that's a 100% fail, as it stops about 20 mins in (happened about 10 times).
But it's the only programme it happens on.
I haven't worked that one out

Regret "Holby" is not a prog I watch. Believe its a spin-off from Casualty?

What channel is Holby on and when? Will give it a try!

BTW is that livetime whilst recording?
or
Watching recording whilst still recording?
or
Watching delay TV whilst still recording?

All 3 are possible on a V+

Last edited:
Regret "Holby" is not a prog I watch. Believe its a spin-off from Casualty?

What channel is Holby on and when? Will give it a try!

BTW is that livetime whilst recording?
or
Watching recording whilst still recording?
or
Watching delay TV whilst still recording?

All 3 are possible on a V+

BBC1 HD.
Tuesdays, 8-9pm (just finished unfortunately).

Start watching from the beginning while it's say, 10 minutes into recording.

More precisely, it stops at around 21-23 mins everytime, very strange :confused:

I couldn't give a toss myself, but the earache I get from the missus :laugh: :thumbsdow

To get back to the OP's complaint.

I have been with VM and its atecedants (NTL etc.) for 12 years

I have never had a fault with VM Phone

I have had 2 faults with VM TV both fixed next working day.

I have had probably 6-7 BB outages in that time. 4 of these were server problems and solved within 12 hours at most(less than 4 hours bar one!)

The other 2 were modem failure and modem power supply failure - again fixed next working day

AFAICS could not be better and never costs me anything!

:laugh: :smashin:

Actually while I'm replying, Boostrail, it's set to series record.
Not sure if it would make a difference???

Well I had a great time talking to customer services today. Nice indian girl, very polite, helped me with my problem and gave me a real laugh.

The problem being I sometimes get a scheduled recording on my V+ box that subsequently tells me I cant watch it as it was recorded on a channel thats not part of my package.

It only happens when I schedule 2 back to back shows on the same channel. Obviously the channel is in my package or I wouldnt report it as a problem.

So, I have 2 shows from the same channel, one I can watch and the other I cant. It gives an error number, 2042. I quote this and the nice girl looks it up.

The solution. Delete the unviewable show. Actually, she told me to delete all my shows but that wasnt a problem as my drive was just about empty anyway.

So, that solves the problem of not being able to watch the show as its not there to be unviewable anymore.
Genius!

Even she was laughing.

Its service like this that makes this country great.

First post here but have been lurking for years. Please dont hurt me!

:laugh: :smashin:

Actually while I'm replying, Boostrail, it's set to series record.
Not sure if it would make a difference???

Thanks but still not sure how you are watching it:confused:
Replay of recording whilst still recording? or delay TV whilst still recording?

Last edited:
It was because she was normally cooking the tea around that time, due to me often not getting home until late.

10 min delay on a plasma? Nah :thumbsdow

What we do now is make sure the cooking isn't going to clash, so she can watch it live or wait until the recording has totally finished.

I used to be nearly wetting myself laughing, the first couple of times it happened, but it stopped being funny after a while.
The language was worse than anything I use/hear at work :laugh:

But it's the only programme I've known it happen on since we had the V+ (when it first came out).

Ditto!:clap: My V+ does not freeze when watching catch -up TV? As these days there are several ways of accessing this "service" - please describe what you are doing?

i.e. Rewind live TV. I-player/netplayer etc. VOD etc.?

It doesnt freeze all the time just now and then, maybe 20 minutes into a 30 minute programme or 40/45 minutes into an hour long programme. The prog will freeze then the box will re-boot itself. As I said not a big deal just frustrating sometimes. It usually happens when when doing catch up then all days. Thanks for asking. Just to let everyone know I have no affiliation with Virgin but I have been very impressed with all the services I subscribe to. :)

Getting a little bit back on topic, the missus phoned VM around October (I think) about this problem and they hit the box, or whatever they do, but the fault still remained.

As ever (in my experience), the CS was fine.

The OP does seem to have had a particularly bad experience :(

It was because she was normally cooking the tea around that time, due to me often not getting home until late.

10 min delay on a plasma? Nah :thumbsdow

Fully appreciate getting home late - did it myself off and on for 40 years!

Why is 10 min delay on plasma a problem? Its a V+ function no problem for me!

Fully appreciate getting home late - did it myself off and on for 40 years!

Why is 10 min delay on plasma a problem? Its a V+ function no problem for me!

I'm confused by what you mean then :confused:

Can you do a 10 min delay, without hitting pause and leaving a static screen on?
I've left a 10 min static screen on my telly, no problem, but have always asked the missus not to do it, because let's say it's a phone call, it could easily lead to 30 mins or more.
Lengthy static images on plasma = bad move.

Can you do a 10 min delay, without hitting pause and leaving a static screen on?
I've left a 10 min static screen on my telly, no problem, but have always asked the missus not to do it, because let's say it's a phone call, it could easily lead to 30 mins or more.
Lengthy static images on plasma = bad move.

OK thought screen burn on plasma died around 3 yeas ago?

Well, mostly yes, but it's not totally unknown.
And you don't want to ask for problems, do you? :)

I

Well yes as long as the channel was being "viewed" (TV on!) from the start of the programme. Just rewind live TV and view from the start..This facility is a separate recording facility from the "record a programme" facility as it uses reserved partitioned and otherwise inaccessable disc space

Well yes as long as the channel was being "viewed" (TV on!) from the start of the programme. Just rewind live TV and view from the start..This facility is a separate recording facility from the "record a programme" facility as it uses reserved partitioned and otherwise inaccessable disc space

Ah, yes, I never thought of that :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom