Virgin media's Hub 5.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
The other thing people are doing is to put the hub into modem mode and purchase their own router

kbfern

Distinguished Member
The other thing people are doing is to put the hub into modem mode and purchase their own router
That's what I did and bought the Amazon eero system and it works faultlessly all through the house and out in the garden and all up the drive.😁

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Isn't the Hub 5 still in its trial phase and not general release yet?

Yes i believe you are correct although Virgin are not being up front about that fact when they offer the “upgrade” to hub5

dts

Distinguished Member
It doesn’t nope
The Hub 4 does work with the virgin connect app...its just the 5 that doesn't at the moment.

I've got the hub 5,but purchased the Decco x60 and its works flawlessly.(most of my equipment is hardwired vis ethernet) but on wi-fi for the ring doorbell and phones/tablets.

The Hub 4 does work with the virgin connect app...its just the 5 that doesn't at the moment.

I've got the hub 5,but purchased the Decco x60 and its works flawlessly.(most of my equipment is hardwired vis ethernet) but on wi-fi for the ring doorbell and phones/tablets.
You sure

Attachments

• 537D9E13-DE33-413E-8DD6-CFEC6B80D56A.png
    537D9E13-DE33-413E-8DD6-CFEC6B80D56A.png
    199.5 KB · Views: 58

dts

Distinguished Member
Yep says it works with the hub 4.

Zarf2007

This is what really annoys me about virgin, you have 1gig customers who could benefit from the hub5 (I would put it in modem mode, don’t care about voip phone or wireless extenders as don’t need them) and cannot get it due to these idiotic restrictions yet they are giving it to 300mbps customers who don’t need it ***!

I have an ASUS AX89X router which as 10Gbps WAN and LAN connections so will work the 2.5Gbps port on the hub5 nicely. The 10Gbps LAN port connects to one of these:

Amazon product

I then have my consoles/streamers hard wired to the zyxel and the 2 x 2.5Gbps ports connected to my QNAP NAS (load balanced connections with SSD cache).

Surely it would make sense for virgin to let people opt to take the hub5! Like everything they do its always a fudgeup.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom