Virgin media

andyrs2000

Established Member
Reaction score
Good evening,

Due to a change in circumstances , we are having to cut back so the first port of call was to virgin media. I have been with them for about 5 months and pay just over £100 a month. Ideally i would like to go to the basic package for tv , internet and telephone. I was speaking on web chat to them and they offered to drop it to there basic services for £45 which sounded ok. BUT they said i would have to sign another 12 month contract which i really dont want to. Is this right , cant i lower my package and see out my contract ?

If you've only been with them 5 months are you still in contract?
If so the only way they're likely to let you out of that contract is if you're tied into another one. Otherwise I think you'd have to effectively buy yourself out of the existing contract.
I think you'd probably need to check the T&Cs you signed up to.

Moved to appropriate forum

Ok, so in this case they can do what they've asked.
You've signed up to a contract whereby you agree to pay X amount a month for X months. Now you're trying to change that agreement which you have no real right to do, so rather than refusing the change, which they're within their rights to do, they're offering you an alternative deal. This is the middle ground of reducing your bill, but only provided you sign a new contract.
This is standard practice with most contract/service companies. You've just got to decide which is the best option, paying more for 7 months or less for 12.

Hmmmm , well I definitely don't want to extend my contract and my current circumstances at the moment can do with £109 to virgin, guess I'll just have to struggle for a while

7 x £109 is £763
12 x £45 is £540

Once you're on the new contract you can still cancel it and 'buy out'.

You're saving £450 over the next seven months - so don't quite understand your reluctance to take up the offer.

7 x £109 is £763
12 x £45 is £540

Once you're on the new contract you can still cancel it and 'buy out'.

You're saving £450 over the next seven months - so don't quite understand your reluctance to take up the offer.
My reluctance to sign another contract is purely down to me not wanting to stay with virgin after my original contract is over,I'm not a fan of TiVo and wanted to rejoin sky.

You can still save money though. Accept the deal, then cancel it early. Your cancellation fees will be based upon the remaining contract at the new rate.

It's still a £200+ saving.

Having moved from a cabled to non cabled area and been forced to downgrade from TiVo to Sky with its idiotic and unintelligent conflict management capabilities, I'm jealous you have the choice ;)

Hello,
would anyone know how to add the vpn setting to virgin media hub 3
i have activates the modem setting but thats about as i far as i get.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom