Virgin Media to Yamaha AVR 2020 Receiver WIFI LAN connection failure

Imjeff

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi I hope you can help, I have an Yamaha AVR2020 receiver which I have just given to a friend as I just purchased the Yamaha AVR 3080.
After connecting the Yamaha to the Lan port via his Virgin media box it will not find the WIFI signal so we cannot use the app ,however if I connect it to my SKY box via LAN it finds the Wi-Fi signal straight away.
I have put the Yamaha back to its factory settings so It does not see Sky but it still wont find the Wi-Fi signal from Virgin when I reconnect it, what could be the problem as I'm not to familiar with Virgin Media ?

Lan port on VM box will be for connecting the box to the VM router NOT for connecting another device to its own WiFi connection to the VM router.

VM Quick install guide might help a little?

You'll need to run an ethernet cable (best) or use powerlines or something similar usung WiFi to provide wired connectivity as the AVR doesn't support WiFi itself.

A long, long time ago VM did have the modem-router built in to one of their TV boxes, I believe; which must be how your $ky box is/was working??

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom