Virgin Media Sim card offer

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by RICARDOMINSKI, Sep 3, 2007.

1. RICARDOMINSKI

RICARDOMINSKI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Probably been posted before but just noticed yesterday the 300 minutes/300 texts for £10 per month sim card offer is back on till 30th September for existing Virgin Media customers. Missed it last time round but called and ordered two yesterday:thumbsup:

2. zico martin

zico martin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    link?

sounds too good to be true tbh. Im currently on the O2 online SIM where as long as I top up £10 a month I get 300 free texts in addition to £10 worth of call time - is this deal really better?

3. nialli

nialli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    the deal's true. I picked it up first time around and they even roll over unused minutes to a second month on a rolling basis... :D

4. devastator

devastator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Is reception any good for those using the Virgin Media Sim ?

5. RICARDOMINSKI

RICARDOMINSKI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    My daughter already had a Virgin mobile phone with sim and no problem with reception up here in Perth or anywhere else in the UK we've been. Just as an update, for once actually quick service from Virgin,ordered sims on Sunday afternoon,arrived this morning! :thumbsup:
    The deal is on the Virgin Media web-site under 'Special offers' then you scroll down to 'Existing customer offers'.
    Probably just a bit better than the 02 offer and no hassle with topping up etc

6. nialli

nialli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Virgin Mobile uses the T-Mobile network in the UK. In my experience T-Mobile have the best coverage I've come across (and my company has used Vodaphone, Orange and O2 over the last decade). In other countries the Virgin brand runs on different networks (eg Sprint in the US). Customer Service on Virgin is better than T-Mobile's own, so, coupled with excellent pricing, I think it's the best of the mobile offers around at the moment.

7. Yokomo

Yokomo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Im sorry, i have to disagree with this completley. T-Mobile is the worst network in the UK, and i have just moved from o2 (which never dropped out - apart from on the tube), i have orange as my work mobile (and i have yet to drop out) I used to be with Vodafone and it is as good as o2.

You can not seriously say T-Mobile is better than other networks? do you ever travel outside of london?

Also, the Virgin mobile voicemail service rarely works. You get charged a fortune for GPRS service and the customer service is as good as the rest of virgin i.e. appauling.

I will add:

If it wasn't for the fact that no other mobile operator can offer 300 + 300 for £10 per month. I wouldnt touch them with a very very long barge pole.

8. nialli

nialli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Fair point on the coverage: I don't travel much outside the M25 so my coverage experience is limited. Within the M25 it's proven better than Orange and Vodaphone for me, but everyone will have different experience.

Never had a problem with voicemail and don't use GPRS services.

9. zico martin

zico martin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    thank God Yokomo gave us a more balanced opinion then as I nearlly signed up straight away there! As far as I was aware the coverage for T-mobile was particularly bad in Wales so perhaps I should give Virgin's offer a wide berth, tempted though I was!