Virgin Media or Sky+BT?

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by JaYmE, May 1, 2007.

1. JaYmE

JaYmE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey

tv services seem to be shocking nowadays, its either a fast good service from sky but buying and repairing your equipment and no on demand or going with a constantly faulty virgin media free equipment but slow and very un-reliable

ive heard that the broadband from virgin is so bad people are just switching and same with the phone, i have bt broadband and phone no problems they couldnt be any better :) but its expensive to have sky and bt

any advice? who should you go with?

2. lazymatt

lazymatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Just from personal experience; I've had Telewest BB for 8 years, and never had a problem with it. I recently upgraded when Virgin took over and now consistently get d/load speeds of 9.5 meg, and have had it as high as 13 Meg (on a 10 Meg connection).

Same with the phone line - once it's in; no problems.

Also had the standard digital TV box for 8 years and only ever swapped out once.

I really can't complain.

3. JaYmE

JaYmE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wow lucky everyone i know has to turn off the box most days and are on their 4th or 5th box as we speak it must be down to areas!!

4. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Virgin formerly Telewest have the best broadband around 20mg compared to the highest I could get with sky 2mg. No competition.

Virgin howevers tv service is getting worse since they took over the last software drop caused sound blips and pixellation in recordings and two months later they still havent sorted this.

However their worst service is their phone packages in the last four days my phone was down for at least 10 hours.

5. montehampster

montehampster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Virgin TV and telephone is great IMHO once installed and working. The problem comes if and when it goes wrong - trying to get problems resolved is like pulling teeth!

Sky much better for TV providing you don't want extensive VOD.

6. Trent.

Trent.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I have had ntl phone and broadband for around 4yrs with nothing but good reliable service. I have had 4 minor broadband probs on that time 2 of which were my fault:rolleyes: and the other were resolved very quickly.

I have now gone over to virgin for tv and v+ and i have not had any problems with tv at all. Maybe i'm lucky? But they have gained my custom over time and am sure they will keep it for a good while, or until they stop doing cracking deals:D