Virgin Media Hub 3.0 Status Light

rikstar

Novice Member
Can anybody help me with my problem?

I should start off by saying i am not at all tech savvy but i have been having an issue for the past couple of days with my Virgin Media hub 3.0 and the light at the bottom of it. The problem with it is that out of nowhere instead of having a white light indicating everything is fine, i am now getting what seems to be a pinkish/red light that actually seems to fluctuate between a few different shades of colours right in front of my eyes. I am still able to connect to the internet wirelessly and have no problems while on it but it is just a little annoying and peculiar.

I should mention, t only changed to this after a visit by an electrician who came round to check the whole houses electric and whilst he was here he did turn on and off the fuse box which obvious meant the whole houses electric went on and off.

I have only had the 3.0 hub for a couple of years maybe but could there be something wrong with it?
Thanks.

rikstar

Novice Member
It is not actually red. More pink/magenta. It shouldn't be overheating as it has sat in the same place it has always been since we first had it and not once has it been like this.

TheHighFlyingBirds

Pinky/purple is modem mode. Red is overheating. Mine was pinky/purple as have it in modem mode, but then it went red, before reverting back to purple for a bit then back to red and has stayed like that for god knows how long. They are pretty poor to be honest.

rikstar

Novice Member
Pinky/purple is modem mode. Red is overheating. Mine was pinky/purple as have it in modem mode, but then it went red, before reverting back to purple for a bit then back to red and has stayed like that for god knows how long. They are pretty poor to be honest.
That is what i have read online but after checking my hub settings, it is saying it is in router mode not modem mode.
Last night i was looking at it and the light was literally morphing into different colours ranging from red to pink(magenta) to an orangey colour and to a pale yellow colour and back again. Strange!.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom