• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Virgin Media EPG

whippersnapper

Standard Member
With having a V+ box installed, I was looking at the extended recording options. I've heard people saying that if they are not set the recording can miss the ending/start if delayed, etc. But i've seen other saying that Virgin Media have a dynamic EPG which goes by the broadcast and so if if something is delayed or running over it will still record it, the engineer said this too. But who do I believe?

I've currently got my extended recording options set to the default 2 minutes before and 5 minutes after. Can I safely turn them off?

dante01

Distinguished Member
With having a V+ box installed, I was looking at the extended recording options. I've heard people saying that if they are not set the recording can miss the ending/start if delayed, etc. But i've seen other saying that Virgin Media have a dynamic EPG which goes by the broadcast and so if if something is delayed or running over it will still record it, the engineer said this too. But who do I believe?

I've currently got my extended recording options set to the default 2 minutes before and 5 minutes after. Can I safely turn them off?

The broadcasters don't always (hardly ever) bother to update the information that puts the time codes in the EPG when programmes overrun or are late by a few minutes. You'd still lose the end of some programmes if you didn't take this into account.

whippersnapper

Standard Member
The broadcasters don't always (hardly ever) bother to update the information that puts the time codes in the EPG when programmes overrun or are late by a few minutes. You'd still lose the end of some programmes if you didn't take this into account.

So should I keep it at the default or raise one or both?

Churnobyl

If you are recording a programme that starts after a match at old trafford I would extend the recording by at least 10 mins (unless man utd are leading that is) to be on the safe side.

T1969

I too had it extended by 5 minutes, but several programs over - over - over ran :mad: Now got it set to 10 minutes over and have not missed one since :smashin:

It really wont take up that much extra room :D

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom