Virgin media cable routing

enigmatic

Banned
A quick question.

I have VM coming on Friday to install my lovely 100mb service.

Now I plan on having a node zero in the loft soon-ish and want my modem to be up there along with my server cabinet and its gubbins.

I know the guy wont run it up to the loft for me as its not accessible yet anyway and I doubt they are allowed but what could I have him do in order for me to do it myself in the near future?

they use those f type connectors I believe? so would it just be a case of extending the cable further on with matching cable?

any help is appreciated

thank you

That's right. if the loft is inaccessible right now, then politely ask the engineer to leave a load of spare cable so you can hook it up in the loft at a later stage. They should be alright with this.

PsyVision

Distinguished Member
The engineer that did mine left me some extra cable but not enough for where I am now moving my box to. I have purchased some Webro WF100 cable and F-type connectors to extend the inlet and then split it in my Node0 for TV and broadband. I have had some reports that people need to get VM to adjust the line after this has been done to account for the increased distance.

enigmatic

Banned
cheers I will have a word with him see if I cant bung him £20 to see if he will split the cable and run it on the outside of the wall while I pull it through the eaves. I managed to get a sky installer to do it at my last place he was actually more than happy to do it as while he was getting the other equipment ready I terminated the cable :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom