• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Virgin made a big effort to reach out to me and save me £17 a month, that I didnt ask for

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
So am I getting mugged off by paying £59 a month for M200 and talk weekends? They only ever offer me £2 off my current bill if I re enter an 18 month contract. I have been with them since they were called Telewest so it’s been a few years!

If you are out of contract call them and ask for their best deal and let them know that EE are doing 150mb for £29 etc (go to a comparison website to see other offers by other companies and also check their service is available at your address) . Virgin WONT give you the best deal at first because they genuinely don't have the power to. So politely tell them that's a shame, please put me through to cancellations as I just can't afford the current rate and will go onto the other company (if you feel chatty, just mention the gas and elec has doubled etc). So they will then put you onto retentions who have more powers and they will offer you £32 pcm deal for 200mb and weekend calls.

They will make it an 18 month contract so be sure to put in your calendar a reminder to call them more than a month in advance for another deal because the rate will rise to full price again.

Do it, friend, you are paying £27 more a month than you should. That's a lot to save.

oneman

So am I getting mugged off by paying £59 a month for M200 and talk weekends? They only ever offer me £2 off my current bill if I re enter an 18 month contract. I have been with them since they were called Telewest so it’s been a few years!
Sorry, but that is terrible. They are currently offering M200 for £31 a month or £49 with 190 TV channels and talk weekends.

These are supposed to be for new customers but I've not managed to match new customer prices in the past.

pesser

I left virgin just last week got inundated will calls all sunden with deals left right and centre best they could do £24 for 500mb went community fibre instead 1Gig £25 6 months free

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
I left virgin just last week got inundated will calls all sunden with deals left right and centre best they could do £24 for 500mb went community fibre instead 1Gig £25 6 months free

I assume was that for 18 month contract with 6 months free, so effectively £16.66 for 1Gig over 18 months? If so, super deal, well done.

I always cancel my phone or broadband contracts so that I get super deals too from their retentions department but I never get it from them calling me because I dont ever answer unknown or withheld number which Sales divisions always do. If I did I would probably get better deals...but always be careful with phone calls, as they are of course plenty of scammers pretending to be a well know provider.

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
24 month deal after prices goes to £27.50😁

Ok so that is effectively £18.75 a month which is still very good. It doesn't matter what the price goes up to when contract ends because at that point, you negotiate another deal. :)

Generally, always compare all deals by working out the effective monthly payments over the length of contract. And always mark a reminder in your calendar a five or six weeks before contract ends to start searching for new deals (usually a month notice is needed if have to move to another provider if a deal is not struck with current one)

Jester1066

Generally, always compare all deals by working out the effective monthly payments over the length of contract. And always mark a reminder in your calendar a five or six weeks before contract ends to start searching for new deals (usually a month notice is needed if have to move to another provider if a deal is not struck with current one)
I pretty much do exactly this. I've got calander reminders set at least 30 days before my contract end date. My OH will look in the calendar and go out on the "negotiation day" - as they can be fractious depending on the company etc.

Its also important to to arm yourself with competitors prices before you start negotiating- That way no-ones time is wasted. The CS Rep knows my starting point etc

dmpoole

I've been with Virgin from C&W then to NTL then to Virgin.
This last week I spent over two hours on Chat, over two hours with Retentions and over two hours with Customer Relations which apparently is the highest you can go.
I got absolutely nowhere with them, all of them reading from the same card.
I can't wait for Lila to connect me.

Amran

My sister moved house and virgin media is not available in her area where she moving too so she had to cancel her services and moved to community fiber on 150mb speed package and phone line and oh wow speed is so fast but only one downside is the router only has two Ethernet port which sucks so am gonna buy my sister a Ethernet port switch which should do the trick

Attachments

• ED525FA3-30C8-4903-99D1-890F138091EF.jpeg
    ED525FA3-30C8-4903-99D1-890F138091EF.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 13

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom