Virgin made a big effort to reach out to me and save me £17 a month, that I didnt ask for

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
So am I getting mugged off by paying £59 a month for M200 and talk weekends? They only ever offer me £2 off my current bill if I re enter an 18 month contract. I have been with them since they were called Telewest so it’s been a few years!

If you are out of contract call them and ask for their best deal and let them know that EE are doing 150mb for £29 etc (go to a comparison website to see other offers by other companies and also check their service is available at your address) . Virgin WONT give you the best deal at first because they genuinely don't have the power to. So politely tell them that's a shame, please put me through to cancellations as I just can't afford the current rate and will go onto the other company (if you feel chatty, just mention the gas and elec has doubled etc). So they will then put you onto retentions who have more powers and they will offer you £32 pcm deal for 200mb and weekend calls.

They will make it an 18 month contract so be sure to put in your calendar a reminder to call them more than a month in advance for another deal because the rate will rise to full price again.

Do it, friend, you are paying £27 more a month than you should. That's a lot to save.

oneman

So am I getting mugged off by paying £59 a month for M200 and talk weekends? They only ever offer me £2 off my current bill if I re enter an 18 month contract. I have been with them since they were called Telewest so it’s been a few years!
Sorry, but that is terrible. They are currently offering M200 for £31 a month or £49 with 190 TV channels and talk weekends.

These are supposed to be for new customers but I've not managed to match new customer prices in the past.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom