• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Virgin HD Box - Viewing in other rooms

kvanderson

Standard Member
I've got a Virgin HD box (Samsung) in my living room. To view TVs from this in the bedrooms I've connected it to a DVD player and run a feed from the RF output on the DVD player up into the loft and then down into the bedrooms. Up until a few days ago this worked fine and we could watch either output from the Virgin box or DVDs upstairs. However we can now only get DVDs upstairs, there's no output from the Virgin box coming through. The Virgin box can be viewed downstairs on the main TV as normal. We've been getting a message on the digital TV upstairs for a couple of weeks saying that work on the system is going to be done and we might have to retune our TV. This work seems to have coincided with us losing our Virgin output upstairs. I've tried retuning the upstairs TVs and have also tried altering the RF output channel on the DVD player from 60 to 65 and 68 but it hasn't made any difference.

If anyone can help me get our Virgin output back upstairs I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

logiciel

Welcome to the forum though your post isn't about the forum topic, satellite TV, is it?
It's just possible that the changes to Freeview in your area may have affected the analogue channel that you use for the cable machine, so try some more output channels from it.

kvanderson

Standard Member
I'm pleased to say that the problem has been solved. I didn't check all the leads initially because due to the location of the TV and other equipment it is difficult to get to them. However after trying several different RF output channels without success I decided to investigate further. To my surprise I found that a scart lead had come out. When I replaced it everything was back to normal. It was therefore a pure coincidence that this occurred at the same time as the Freeview changes.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom