Virgin cable use as normal aerial

Diesel9564

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have Virgin TV and the cable is buried under my wooden floor. I am now considering moving over to Freeview using a normal digital aerial and want to utilize the cable which is already under the floor.

Question is will the cable which is under the floor be able to connect to the TV and an outside aerial thus avoiding me having to move the furniture around to have TV next to the aerial in let :)

Thanks

Yes, it is the same type of cable used for digital satalite installations and not specific to Virgin Media cable TV installations. This type of cable can also be used to convey the signals associated with Freeview digital TV as derived from a rooftop aerial. You will need to terminate the end to which you connect the cable to the TV differently though because TVs do not have the F type connector used on cable STBs.

Yes, it is the same type of cable used for digital satalite installations and not specific to Virgin Media cable TV installations. This type of cable can also be used to convey the signals associated with Freeview digital TV as derived from a rooftop aerial. You will need to terminate the end to which you connect the cable to the TV differently though because TVs do not have the F type connector used on cable STBs.

F to Belling Lee male and female convertors are widely available. To use a normal patch lead screw a F to Belling Lee female adaptor to the f connector on the cable end.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom