• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Virgin cable picture quality

Lee73

Standard Member
Got Virgin cable (not v-plus) and need some help.

Bought a Panasonic TH42PZ80B with BluRay player to run through my Pioneer AV amp and having problems with poor picture on cable.

Running cable to tv through a cheap 5m scart that I ran under the floor Ten years ago (to be replaced), the scart is fully populated so I assumed that RGB would work.

The picture is terrible! To the point where I regret buying the new kit!!

When I switch the virgin cable from composite to RGB there is no difference, does this mean the scart is not RGB or am I missing something?

I only need the tv to run picture as the amp is doing sound.

Any help and sugestions would be great, thanks..............Lee.:lease:

Ayub

Distinguished Member
Got Virgin cable (not v-plus) and need some help.

Bought a Panasonic TH42PZ80B with BluRay player to run through my Pioneer AV amp and having problems with poor picture on cable.

Running cable to tv through a cheap 5m scart that I ran under the floor Ten years ago (to be replaced), the scart is fully populated so I assumed that RGB would work.

The picture is terrible! To the point where I regret buying the new kit!!

When I switch the virgin cable from composite to RGB there is no difference, does this mean the scart is not RGB or am I missing something?

I only need the tv to run picture as the amp is doing sound.

Any help and sugestions would be great, thanks..............Lee.:lease:

put the scart in the other scart outlet on the box... i found the picure to better.
Make sure your using the rgb scart input ( behind telly )

Dolus

When I bought a plasma TV I thought there must be something wrong with it, as the TV channels via the Virgin Media V box looked totally s h i t e.

After a bit of an experiment and using the DVE DVD to check the picture performance, I came to the conclusion that different channels and program content can vary from good to total crap.

It ain't the telly as DVD's and Xbox games look OK and DVD's via HDMI and upscaled can look stunning.

Check that the V box is set to RGB output. make sure that you are using the scart socket on the TV that has RGB input (usually scart 1). Try reversing the scart lead, that sometimes help. One other point, if it is a really cheap scart lead then that can degrade the signal. There is no need to pay the earth. I have found 1 metre leads at around £10 to £15 do the trick.

Because I had to shift my equipment around I needed a 5 metre lead so taking the extra length into consideration I bought a Profigold cable for £30.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom