Virgin Cable Line Sabotaged

R1ck_p

Standard Member
Hey guys, im not sure if im posting in the correct area here but i was wondering if anyone with experience of installing cable in homes could help me out

Ive just got back from holiday and i have discovered a cable has been either cut or ripped and now my internet and tv doesn't work.

I have removed the panel from outside my house to bear the connector with 3 cables going into some kind of router device. I have noticed the cable which is inserted into the 'IN' slot has been cut. However i cant find the other end of the cable to reconnect it because of bushes and trees growing up my wall etc.

I was wondering whether anybody could tell me where the other end is likely to be, i.e up a wall or sunderground as i have no idea whatsoever

Cheers for reading

alleycat41

Hey guys, im not sure if im posting in the correct area here but i was wondering if anyone with experience of installing cable in homes could help me out

Ive just got back from holiday and i have discovered a cable has been either cut or ripped and now my internet and tv doesn't work.

I have removed the panel from outside my house to bear the connector with 3 cables going into some kind of router device. I have noticed the cable which is inserted into the 'IN' slot has been cut. However i cant find the other end of the cable to reconnect it because of bushes and trees growing up my wall etc.

I was wondering whether anybody could tell me where the other end is likely to be, i.e up a wall or sunderground as i have no idea whatsoever

Cheers for reading
hi, it will be underground somewhere and not too deep either. have a look just outside of your garden on the public footpath you should have a little metal box abot like a water stopcock box and it should say catv. have a look at where that is to the line of where the box is on the wall, that should give you a rough indication of the run of the cable. now if u was in b'ham i could of come and fixed that for you, hope this helps.

R1ck_p

Standard Member
hi, it will be underground somewhere and not too deep either. have a look just outside of your garden on the public footpath you should have a little metal box abot like a water stopcock box and it should say catv. have a look at where that is to the line of where the box is on the wall, that should give you a rough indication of the run of the cable. now if u was in b'ham i could of come and fixed that for you, hope this helps.

Cheers for the information mate i'll do an intense search tomorrow, top guy, cheers buddy.

ben.bayliss

Is it really silly of me to ask why you don't just call Virgin and have them send a qualified engineer to fix it? :confused:

R1ck_p

Standard Member
Is it really silly of me to ask why you don't just call Virgin and have them send a qualified engineer to fix it? :confused:

It seems a lot of hassle just to reconnect a line, i thought i would do it myself instead of waiting on phones for over half a hour.

However i still cant find this catv box, i might have to ring them afterall. Ive had cable for years, has the catv box been around for a long time, or is it recent technology?

Cheers Rick

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom