• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Virgin Broadband and no sharing !

iwearahalo

Standard Member
How can I media sharing with Virgin ? I have tried to connect my ps3 to media player but I do not get the option to adjust my "share my media" or "find media others are sharing" as its in light grey and can not be changed ? How do I rectify this , my PS3 is online thru the wireless so no problem there , how do I alloew media sharing its driving me crazy !:suicide:

Many Thanks

In the box below I have tried to changed it to networking and find the ps3 but its still trying to find it !

Johnboy_1975

Established Member
In WM11 click library and share

I mde the mistake of downloading TVersity and now WM11 won't stream for me

The new media server works, is slightly better functionality wise and you can edit where it looks for your videos (instead of it just being your shared folder in WM11). It also does all the sharing functions automatically, and shows you a pretty pic of the PS3 when connected. There's also a trace log

link here:

PS3 Media Server

ThuGLy

Prominent Member
you are a little vague there iwearahalo what operating system are you useing? have you enabled media shareing in your ps3?

also it shouldnt matter what isp your useing because itl be shareing on a home network not on the web:thumbsup:

iwearahalo

Standard Member
I have managed to do it ! I open up the firewalls :suicide: , my ps3 though only plays limwire and frostwire and not cd's from my pc , it can not read the data ! Is this correct that ps3 can only read such files ?

bubs999

Prominent Member
I have managed to do it ! I open up the firewalls :suicide: , my ps3 though only plays limwire and frostwire and not cd's from my pc , it can not read the data ! Is this correct that ps3 can only read such files ?

Limewire and frostwire are P2P programs and not music. You need to explain yourself in a bit more detail, otherwise no one can help you :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom