• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Virgin box - Sounds and picture!

SARF

Standard Member
Hi guys,

I have recently had a Samsung Virgin box (Not V+) installed and have a few issues.

On some channels/programmes there is a lip sync problem that is noticeable.
The picture doesn't always fit the tv properly either, ie some of the picture goes off the screen at the sides!

Is there any way of setting up the Virgin Box so that I dont have these issues?!

Cheers

mike7

Distinguished Member
Hi guys,

I have recently had a Samsung Virgin box (Not V+) installed and have a few issues.

On some channels/programmes there is a lip sync problem that is noticeable.
The picture doesn't always fit the tv properly either, ie some of the picture goes off the screen at the sides!

Is there any way of setting up the Virgin Box so that I dont have these issues?!

Cheers

As far as the picture is concerned go into the Settings menu on the Virgin box and select AV and video settings. You should see some options there to enable the box to output the picture you require for your particular screen. If you have a widescreen set then make sure the box is aware of it or you will lose/distort parts of the picture. Fitters do not often bother to change this setting for customers. Bear in mind that not all channels are in widescreen 16:9 format.

While your there set the output of the SCART to RGB. That improves the picture usually.

As far as the sound problem is concerned I've no answer. I've had a V and a V+ for some time and never heard anything other than the occasional slip which is probably down to the broadcast end.

Last edited:

SARF

Standard Member
Cheers fellas,

Changed settings and pisture seems ok now.

As for the sound, it doesnt always happen, just on certain channels and programmes, but I have always seemed to notice lip sync issues more than most, so maybe its me being overly sensitive.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom