Virgin Announced broadband speeds are doubling for free in February

D'@ve

There is always an annual price-rise. Same with Sky. That would have happened regardless of any changes.
Sky didn't increase their prices last year for existing customers.

And now, the VM price increase announcement less than a month after this thread was started makes the "free" part of thread title look pretty stupid - and they haven't even started (or have barely started) on the speed doubling yet. Plenty of time for a second price increase too, before they are finished "in 2013".

Free my foot!

Last edited:

carl.waring

Sky didn't increase their prices last year for existing customers.
Okay. I should have said "usually" because that was the first time they haven't. "Prices held 'til August 2012" I think it said. So guess when their prices will increase next ;)

Free my foot!
As I said, April has - for a few years now - been the usual 'price increase' month for VM.

I agree the timing could have been better though :)

andymckay2001

Nice.
Just got letter through the door confirming I will get the 50mb to 100mb 'free upgrade'but will then get a free speed bump to 120mb due to 'being a valued customer' :clap:

Not happening until October though :(, which is unusual as 100mb is already available where I am

namuk

Distinguished Member
i got that letter today saying jump to 100mb then another 20mb:cool: this supplied modem will need tobe replaced though.

deathtrap3000

Novice Member
Another valued customer here wonder if we all are lol cant wait to get 100 meg 120 is just amazing bt infinity will be outdated before its started :devil: update is in march
Well bt just announced its doing fibre to the house if you live in an area that already got infinity. Should be getting about 1gbps in a year or two.

mitchec1

Distinguished Member
i got that letter today saying jump to 100mb then another 20mb:cool: this supplied modem will need tobe replaced though.
Just got the same letter mine's some time between April & July

Well bt just announced its doing fibre to the house if you live in an area that already got infinity. Should be getting about 1gbps in a year or two.
I've seen reports of having to pay for this and reported cost for the install aren't cheap

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom