Virgin 4K Set-top-box set for UK in 2016 - news discussion

All I want is the cheapest way to get 4K content. If that involves an F1 turkey, so be it.

All I want is the cheapest way to get 4K content. If that involves an F1 turkey, so be it.
Why not a goose? It is nicer than turkey.:D

True, a lot juicier but that would probably give a crappy picture specially on the cartoon like pics on a Samsung.

Virgin haven't secured the rights to be able to use geese. It was either a turkey or a pet hamster who'd lost a leg in an accident with the office shredder.

Wonder if they could incorporate a shredder into the Tivo?

No need. It already renders most of what it records unaccessible. :lesson:

besides which, the sage and onion stuffing is likely to clog it up?

There's apparently going to be a new 4K channel. I'd not get that excited abut it though. It will show a 4K image of some brussel sprouts continually with running commentary by Jeremy Clarkson. Virgin have also rebranded the XL package and called it "Full House"? This "new" package isn't just rebranding according to Virgin and they go to great lengths to contradict themselves by listing the same features you already get as an XL customer in conjunctio with the Full House package. Not sure if they charge you extra if you've a spare bedroom or if you are under occupying your current accommodation?

The name of your package is now Full House!
Welcome to Full House TV (previously XL)

Something very exciting has happened to your Virgin TV package and we’re bursting to tell you all about it! Full House TV (previously TV XL) has had more than just a name change. Bigger and better than ever before, this one’s for the telly lovers, the Box Set bingers and the I-want-it-all-ers. It’s all the TV you love, brilliantly brought together, from Exclusives to Box Sets via Catch Up services and apps. And that’s not to mention over one hundred channels, including every BT Sport channel in glorious HD, to choose from (your new channel guide is waiting at the bottom of the page).

Want to explore your Full House TV package yourself? Then…
Hover/click on the boxes below and explore all the amazing benefits…
Virgin Media Presents

Last edited:
And just to add to the mix Bernard Matthews business is up for sale.

There's apparently going to be a new 4K channel. I'd not get that excited abut it though. It will show a 4K image of some brussel sprouts continually with running commentary by Jeremy Clarkson. Virgin have also rebranded the XL package and called it "Full House"? This "new" package isn't just rebranding according to Virgin and they go to great lengths to contradict themselves by listing the same features you already get as an XL customer in conjunctio with the Full House package. Not sure if they charge you extra if you've a spare bedroom or if you are under occupying your current accommodation?

Virgin Media Presents

Great. About as useful as rebranding tv and calling it "Virgin tv". Makes you wonder if they have ever done it before. (Don't answer that) Maybe they will supply some go faster stripes to stick on the dull looking box with the new branding.

and their new TV Nowhere app that limits your TV viewing to a cupboard under the stairs.

Back on topic now please :) (no more bloody turkeys!)

You need to wash them first. Can't risk cross contamination with BT or Talk Talk.

Has anyone got any pics to show the guide on the box (I know I'm asking a lot - don't put you place on any NDA/Beta at risk:cool:)

Has anyone got any pics to show the guide on the box (I know I'm asking a lot - don't put you place on any NDA/Beta at risk:cool:)

VM have already said the UI will be the same as the current Tivo. i.e. ****

Thanks for that ^^^^

Do we know any major features compared against Sky Q? @gerabold

Yep it will give you a good 5 minutes between loading menus. They call it the tea break feature [emoji4]

Trust me, Sky Q is pretty much awesome and can't see Virgin doing a better job.

Yep it will give you a good 5 minutes between loading menus. They call it the tea break feature [emoji4]

Trust me, Sky Q is pretty much awesome and can't see Virgin doing a better job.
You forgot 10 minutes to wake up.

had my 1st call back from retentions today, spent 5 mins telling me how skyQ is failing and Bt is rubbish! honestly im close to going higher as it was not really cool what he was doing,
but icing on the cake before he hung up was he then starting singing the praises of virgins new 4k box !!!! lol waiting for call number 2, hope its the same guy

For anyone waiting for notification from Virgin regarding the price hikes before they try and get out of contract, you may want to ring them. They reckon they sent me an email on 15/08 and a letter the same day but I have received neither! If I'd have waited I'd have missed the cut off for getting out (30 days after notification).

I was on the phone for over 50 minutes, three different people just trying to cancel. They're an absolute nightmare. Eventually they offered me a decent enough deal but I just don't want to stay with them. I've got a good deal from Sky and have an independent installer booked in to put a new dish on a high pole on my chimney so going with Sky Q. Just thought I'd warn everyone in case anyone is sat waiting to be informed of the rises.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom