Virgin 360

lofty73

Standard Member
If you've done the software update, all of your previous recordings will have been deleted as part of the update. Once you have new recordings they will be visible in the "saved" area.
Thanks for the reply I know that changing boxes means you loose recordings as they are stored in the box. When i got the new box the page was not loading but I have since had an update which has improved things

TonyFoister

Novice Member
Hi
Have now got new 360 box when I asked engineer how I could view Virgin on another tv as this is what prompted me to change he thought I needed an additional box but not shure
Have tried Virgin live questions without success also have purchased an additional remote of ebay but cannot get it to control new box?.

TonyFoister

Novice Member
I got an email from Virgin Media yesterday asking if I'd like to join early access to a new "TV Experience": View attachment 1349842
The link took me to my VM account upgrades screen, but I was receiving an "oops something went wrong" message. I decided to call VM and spoke to an advisor who read through the blurb which gave little away, except he mentioned "your existing V6 boxes will be converted...", so I assume its going to be a software/firmware update. I've signed up and they are to start rolling it out this month.
Has anyone else heard of this?
I think it is a big con from Virgin to get you changed over there is no watch on other screens available

dante01

Distinguished Member
I believe you'd need an additional mini box in every additional location:

Not too sure as to whether you'd be able to get one of the new remotes via ebay and why would you need one anyway? As said, you need additional mini boxes in eacj location and each box will include its own remote.

With extra 360 Mini boxes, you won’t have to fight for the remote. Now the whole family can simultaneously watch different telly – including live TV, On Demand shows and any recording, even in mesmerising Ultra HD – all at the same time. On top of that, shared pause points across all screens let you hop between rooms, from TV box to app, without missing a moment.

Last edited:

DaveWillo

I believe you'd need an addu=itional mini box in every additional location:

Not too sure as to whether you'd be able to get one of the new remotes via ebay and why would you need one anyway? As said, you need additional mini boxes in eacj location and each box will include its own remote.
Thats right, you would need a "mini box" - I've never seen or received any further details on these, if you wish to view on an additional TV.
The "old style" V6 remotes (if that's what you bought on ebay) will not work on a V6 box that has been converted to 360.

Gussy16

Novice Member
I have the new 360 box and yes you need a mini box for a 2nd tv. Handy feature is you can select your own profile where you pick the channels you want and what order they are in, they are the only ones that appear in your guide. This syncs to box boxes and a button on the side of the remote switches the profiles. Not sure about the new GUI yet, but a lot easier to record shows or series. To boxes now sync which was an issue on the V6. Voice control is actually good and you can now set up one button to turn on and off the tv and the box. The remote buttons light up on movement, but needs to stay on a bit longer.

DaveWillo

I agree about the voice control - great for searching with and very reliable. Still loving the new UI I always thought the V6 one was awful.
I don't think the series link is as good as the V6 one; you end up recording repeats, I used to like the way you could specify new episodes only etc on the V6.
The Virgin GO app needs more control over TV functions, plus integration with digital assistants for voice commands, I have been told that both of these are in the pipeline.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom