Virgin 360 - My Recordings / My Shows - A Button to go directly to them

simon1

At last, I've discovered a solution for people who miss not having a dedicated button on their remote to go directly to their recorded shows.

You will need to obtain a 'One for All' branded universal remote.

I have used the URC7145 'Evolve 4' model for this programming (other recent/current OFA models may also work).

1. Hold down the MAGIC key until the light blinks once and then twice and stays lit.
  2. Use the MODE key to select the STB device.
  3. Enter the code 1582, the light blinks twice, indicating code saved successfully.
  4. Confirm that the remote is operating your Virgin 360 box correctly.
  5. Hold down the MAGIC key until the light blinks once and then twice and stays lit.
  6. Enter the code 994, the light blinks twice.
  7. Press the Magic key once
  8. Enter the code 00584
  9. Press the One For All key you wish to assign the function to (I used 'List' key).
  10. The light blinks twice and that key should now function.

Now that you have a working IR command for this function, this can now be 'learnt' on another remote control such as a Logitech Harmony or similar.

DaveWillo

If you have set your Harmony up as a Zippo Mediabox Next, to control your Virgin 360, the DVR button automatically takes you to your recordings 👍

Jaunty

If you have set your Harmony up as a Zippo Mediabox Next, to control your Virgin 360, the DVR button automatically takes you to your recordings 👍

Sorry to drag this post up. Have you found any direct commands for the 360 Power On and Power Off for the Harmony? I’ve only found Power Toggle which isn’t ideal for Harmony functions. (The 360 software has no screensaver mode and leaves static images up all over the place. I have an older oled so I’m trying to minimise the risk of screen burn).

DaveWillo

Sorry to drag this post up. Have you found any direct commands for the 360 Power On and Power Off for the Harmony? I’ve only found Power Toggle which isn’t ideal for Harmony functions. (The 360 software has no screensaver mode and leaves static images up all over the place. I have an older oled so I’m trying to minimise the risk of screen burn).
I've just checked my Harmony and it has only brought across the power toggle command from the Windows app. I'm not sure if you can choose specific on/off commands for this device from the Logutech Windows app, that's if they even exist.

Jaunty

I've just checked my Harmony and it has only brought across the power toggle command from the Windows app. I'm not sure if you can choose specific on/off commands for this device from the Logutech Windows app, that's if they even exist.
Thanks. Not sure if they exist either. I've just put the power toggle on the Harmony landing screen so I can hit it if I need to, so not the end of the world. I was leaving the 360 as 'stay on for 24 hours' in power management but the lack of a screen saver means I have had to change it.

dante01

Distinguished Member

Why are you leaving your OLED TV on and set to the Virgin STB as a source while not using the 360? You can simply turn off the TV and leave the 360 on or select another source on the TV.

Not sure why you'd permanently leave your TV on set to the 360 source?

Last edited:

Jaunty

I fall asleep a lot on the sofa....

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom