Virgin 20mb - Now in Devon

bytesize

Just to inform anyone waiting in Devon (Newton Abbot Area) that today I have go online to download a few bits and DU meter is reporting new download speeds of just ovver 2.46mb a sec download. Used DU meter to do a 2 min download test and total downloaded was just under the 300mb mark ..

Will logon to router and check up and down streams.

Rock on .. :thumbsup:

Seven3840

i just tested mine and i got 11mb, was reading 9.7mb on average before today. Does'nt seem much of an improvement considering it's spose to be 20mb :0

carol_s

I went to the VIP package last week (which is supposed to give me 20mbps) and every speed test I have run since then gives around 7.1 to 7.3mbps, although on one occasion it did creep over the 8mbps mark. It seems that I am on an 8mbps connection. I sent a report to them last Friday via their web site and they haven't even responded yet.

Here's a test I did a few minutes ago

virgin_speed_01.png

carol_s

Well, still having had no reply to my enquiry via their web site I phoned them today and they are replacing my old WebStar modem (installed years and years ago when I first joined Eurobell) as they said that was probably the reason for the poor speeds.

They even credited the cost of the call (10p connection charge + 50p per minute) as the problem was their fault as they should have replaced the modem at the same time as they installed the V+ box.

I'll update on Thursday after they have installed the new modem.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom