1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vinyl to CD

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by alan8477, Mar 28, 2002.

1. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I am looking to transfer some old vinyl to CD. I don't have a CDR unit, so was planning to capture to PC and transfer to CD writer. My problem is that I use Goldwave as my audio editor, but it can only capture around 19 minutes at CD quality.

Anyone have any advice (I don't want to have to capture track by track, I will be old and grey by the time I have finished?

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :D I was thinking of starting a vinyl type post.......so if i overstep my welcome here, someone transfer me somewhere else!

Why do you want to move vinyl onto cd? CD is a very limited and basically cr*p format, sound wise, in comparison (i bet i have some people steaming with that comment!).

I am pretty sure that there must be some software capable of doing what you wish. You might ask on the computer forum cos im certain someone there will know!

ad

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,078
    Not that it is the best or most reliable software in the World, but you could try Roxio Easy CD Creator Platinum. This has wave capture software, a wave editor, and declicking, denoising tools etc. Costs about £40.

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,489
    We I’ll back you up, I prefer the sound of vinyl myself. Only thing is all those crackle and pops on some of my LP’s, even though looked after I think paper selves may could be the reason? The trouble is a lot of people compare a cheap record player with decent CD players.

5. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am not a record user......my age dictates that other than being a dj type, records were well out by the time i came around!

I dont even consider it being the cost of the players that people compare, more the physical set up. I dont know the ins and outs, but the results are sort of analagous to crt projectors, with knowledge and skill you really can have something incredible, but the same machine to an amateur is plain nomal.

ad

6. Mike Dando

Mike Dando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0