Vinyl Sheets

t2ffn

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you guys have worked with Vinyl, so was wondering if you knew if coloured vinyl is coloured the same, front and back.

Basically, I want glossy red vinyl, but I want it applied to the back of say, a piece of glass. Now, the vinyl is likely glossy red one side, and the sticky application the other, right? So applying the vinyl to the back of the glass would make the vinyl backwards.

So imagine this wall:
http://designheaven.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/red-splash-back.jpg

I want to do something similar, but by applying vinyl to the back of the glass.

Trouble is I cannot confirm where I can get the vinyl from that would stick 'the right way'.

Any pointers?

Thanks

t2ffn said:
I'm sure you guys have worked with Vinyl, so was wondering if you knew if coloured vinyl is coloured the same, front and back.

Basically, I want glossy red vinyl, but I want it applied to the back of say, a piece of glass. Now, the vinyl is likely glossy red one side, and the sticky application the other, right? So applying the vinyl to the back of the glass would make the vinyl backwards.

So imagine this wall:
http://designheaven.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/red-splash-back.jpg

I want to do something similar, but by applying vinyl to the back of the glass.

Trouble is I cannot confirm where I can get the vinyl from that would stick 'the right way'.

Any pointers?

Thanks

Vinyl I've worked with in the past is only coloured on the one side, you might be better with some form of stick back plastic ( or is this what you mean ??) there are companies that treat glass in the way you mention but from what I remember they treat the glass and then stick a coloured foil on to the back of it.
I hope this is of some use.
Kind regards

Linx

Thanks, I guess stick back plastic would work.

The plan is to acheive the look of the treated glass at a fraction of the cost. My idea was to use perspex sheets backed with a coloured vinyl / plastic, which would give the look I want.

This idea came from a visit to a Prezzo in my city, that has a huge red glass wall, made of panels of treated glass (I think) and really liked the look.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom