Vinyl lovers - what have you just bought? - part 2

Today's haul!

1. 'Tell it to the Volcano' by Miniature Tigers .....I've never actually heard these guys...I read an excited thread about them recently and took a chance!

image-89678841.jpg

2. Bowie's 'The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars'...I don't have a pressing of this and went with iainoco's recommendation in the best recordings thread! Made the mistake of ordering from 'all your music' on Amazon and it cost me another £12 HMRC charges grr!

image-2148912829.jpg

3. Peter Gabriel's 'Scratch my Back'....Great album! Worth picking up for his version of 'The Book of Love' if nothing else!!

image-1088027133.jpg

4. Wu-Tang Clan's 'Enter the Wu-Tang'....essential east coast rap...if you're into that kind of thing!

image-667028095.jpg

And finally

5. Daft Punk's 'Homework' and 'Discovery'...I have the 'TRON' OST and still need to get 'Human After All' but it'll keep!

image-724670624.jpg

image-286769721.jpg

Last edited:
I wished I got the Tron Legacy OST before it went for silly money then disappeared.

I ended up two copies of Ziigy, the MFSL pressing and a later re-pressing.

I am still interested in the Blade Runner. Looks like the ebay listing has ended early.

I remember saying that. Now Blade Runner is over £30 already.

nwgarratt said:
I remember saying that. Now Blade Runner is over £30 already.

Yea...Vinyl99999 was selling them for £24.50 delivered on discogs...his final copy is now £29.50! Might be worth getting!

(It's *only* £875 on Amazon :rotfl: )

Last edited:
Don't like discog's myself but I found it £31 delivered on ebay. Is it a limited edition which is why the prices are going up already ?

nwgarratt said:
Don't like discog's myself but I found it £31 delivered on ebay. Is it a limited edition which is why the prices are going up already ?

It's limited to 5000...still madness this early!!

I didn't know that.

It's the first proper vinyl release outside of Brazil in 1994.

I have just bought a copy for £31 of ebay. I won't be getting it until August for my Birthday. I should have bought it already, I have all of Vangelis vinyl and Blade Runner is my favourite.

Mine arrived yesterday. Didn't mind the price as I'm a daft Blade Runner fan. Must say it's an absolute work of art though.

Ordered today on white vinyl : Beastie Boys : Hot Sauce Committee Part 2. I've also got a Japanese copy of the Miami Vice soundtrack (with Obi strip) coming too.

Beastie is coming from the USA as no sellers with the white vinyl in the UK but not a bad price. Also has an extra 7" single plus digital download and iron on patch (!)

I did have a quick panic after ordering the BR making sure it was royal mail for delivery. I wanted to make sure it was sent from the UK.

Keiron, what number did you get and any pics ?

Found a pic of it coming of the production line.

Attachments

• blade.jpg
    blade.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
Gatefold is safely encased in heavyweight plastic but you won't be disappointed :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

394016d1367428671-vinyl-lovers-what-have-you-just-bought-part-2-image-782390266.jpg

Attachments

• image-321318065.jpg
    image-321318065.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 686
  • image-782390266.jpg
    image-782390266.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 648
  • image-14127805.jpg
    image-14127805.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 670
Last edited:
Here's the gatefold

attachment.php

Attachments

• image-3164982133.jpg
    image-3164982133.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 654
What plastic sleeves does everyone use to protect their album covers? Am grateful for any feedback. Thanks.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Thanks for the pics. I will be checking it but it will be put away until August. I want to find out what number it is.

I use plastic sleeves from my laserdiscs.

I use resealable ones from Japan (eBay) ...another alternative is poly sleeves from here - Sounds Wholesale Limited 7" AND 12" POLYTHENE RECORD SLEEVES 250G & 400G

I prefer the resealable ones if just to keep them as dust free as possible although the 450 gauge sleeves are very nice!
I use their Ebay shop. Probably exactly the same gear.

I use the heavy PVC sleeves, same as Kieron though. I find the floppy polythene ones a pain, not due to any rational reason...

Just got this message about the Blade Runner.

hi thanks for buying blade runner , pressing plant had problems , should be here early next week , lp is yours money safe , back out any time thanks gav

What plastic sleeves does everyone use to protect their album covers? Am grateful for any feedback. Thanks.

I recently bought these and am very satisfied. If you make the guy an offer of £13.50, he'll probably offer you them for £14.50 delivered - that's what he did for me!

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
nwgarratt said:
Just got this message about the Blade Runner.

I bought a second copy from him...got the same message! I cancelled and bought one from discogs for £25...

nwgarratt said:
I don't mind waiting. There doesn't seem to be any on Discog now.

It's not the waiting...The story sounded a bit odd to me...if there's only 5000 copies I'm sure they all left the pressing plant at the same time!

At 9pm there were 3 copies on discogs...they shifted quickly!

Last edited:
It's not the waiting...The story sounded a bit odd to me...if there's only 5000 copies I'm sure they all left the pressing plant at the same time!

At 9pm there were 3 copies on discogs...they shifted quickly!

Hmm. You have a point. So does it sounds like even though he listed 5, he didn't have all 5 or perhaps none of them ?

nwgarratt said:
Hmm. You have a point. So does it sounds like even though he listed 5, he didn't have all 5 or perhaps none of them ?

Not sure tbh...he replied to me saying - 'hi really sorry just refunded , you will be lucky to get one , no one has it , only one main agent , if you come back no probs , i have took 20 and 12 have gone cheers'

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom