1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vinegar in remote

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by MacReady, Jun 9, 2005.

1. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    My other half has just very kindly deposited a load of vinegar over three of my remotes :mad: The Sky + and TV remote seem to be OK but the Yamaha amp remote has just stopped working :(

I turned them upside down and tried to get as much out of them as possible as soon as it happened and to be honest I didn't think a lot had gone on them. The amp remote seemed to be fine but the transmit light just stuck on for a few seconds and then went off and now just wont work at all.

I have had a look to see if I can get into the remote but can only find one screw and that dosn't release the back from the front...

...be honest with me...am I going to have to replace the remote ??

2. John7

John7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +485
    I hope you like vinegar on your microchips! How about some salt?

Seriously though, you need to take it apart, clean inside with some distilled water and let it dry thoroughly. Should be ok.

3. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    I was wondering how long it would be befoe the 'vinegar and chips' joke was used ;) :rotfl:

I think I can stop panicking...got up this morning and it seems to be OK now. I still couldn't get the thing apart last night but sat for an hour blasting compressed air into via every gap around every button and then left it overnight.

Lets hope it stays OK.