1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vincent sv 388 has anybody used it or saw it

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jazzman, Nov 21, 2004.

1. jazzman

jazzman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have been told by one of the storeholders that it was better then the rotel 1056 the marantz 7400 and the denon 3805 especially when it came to music is there anybody here that uses it or tired it any help will be highly appreciate :lesson:

2. jazzman

jazzman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Helloo Is there anybody using a vincent receiver out there

or just heard of it ?

3. nvb

nvb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased the Vincent cd S6 hybrid CD player
    Tested and reviewed in Germany : quotation " spitzenklasse "
    (top class). You have the Vincent CD S6 for about 950 euro.

this week I wil purchase the Vincent amplifier SV 236 : hybrid amplifier

If you want a review of the amplifier see

www.tnt-audio.com/feedback/november03.html
    search for vincent on this forum-page :)
    The amplifier costs about 1100 euro.

In Belgium and Europe, Vincent stays for affordable High-end.

4. nvb

nvb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I fogot to say

Vincent and Shengya are more or less the same products

Vincent products are designed in Germany, manufactured in China, and then again controlled and set up in Germany. I can only say : top class manufacturing, warm and very detailed sound, astonishing deep clear bass.
    Together with Klipsch speakers hig-end system.

see also this link

www.cattylink.com

the shengya (Vincent) A10 = Vincent hybrid amplifier SV236 : 4XX $
    the shengya s10 = Vincent hybrid CD-player S6 : 3xx$

hope these informations are helpfull

musical regards

5. jazzman

jazzman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thank you very much NVB i will sure go to the links and look in to it so if u were to class that as entry level high end as a brand i should assume it will suite better my Quad's compared to receivers such as Marantz 7400 , the upcoming Marantz 7500, the HK 630 or the denon 3805. right ?

Will it be more accurate to compare it with Arcam avr 300 or some Rotel's or should i keep on classing the Vincent a little above these products. The rotel 1056 has a higher price then the avr 388 with seems to be the highest priced receiver (among 2 :) )

thanks again

6. nvb

nvb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would quote it as detailed as Arcam but more musical and with more refined bass.
    Indeed it is an entry high level amplifier and it sounds better than some amplifiers of double price.

:thumbsup:

musical regards

7. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,147
    I have the STU2 tuner but wasn't that keen on the other bits. A stereo amp and CD also get a bit of a kicking in the Jan 2005 HiFi Choice.

8. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I would stick with the SR7400 mate, it is almost a perfect partner for the Quads, the SR7500 is still some time away, and I'm not sure how cheap it will be when it is released.

I'm so happy with Marantz that I'm 90% certain my next purchase will be an SR8500. My first proper AV Amp was a Marantz SR4300, that was also very nice. Don't dispute the Denon 2805 either, that is also a very good amplifier.

Cracking amplifiers imho.

9. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is January's Edition Out yet?

John

10. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,147
    Subsciptions are out anyway.

11. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers i must subscribe good Mag :thumbsup:

John

12. jazzman

jazzman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hello guys,

it seems that The new marants' are in the online market in russia, for the last years russia has been a huge market for hi fi and av brands and you can practically find everything i know that becouse i do business with the country and have means of getting it from there actually i will get it from ukraine most likely and i can arrange transport, the only reason why i am doing this is the flagships dont sell that well in turkey and i just called my dealer and they dont even know when they will get the 5500 or the 7500 the price is around 700 to 850 depending on the shop for the 5500 and propably 900 to 1100 for the 7500. While i just called a dealer today to ask which of the receivers were more musical between the 5400 ose and 7400 and he went 5400 ose, and he sounded pretty sure about him self well i know that he doesnt have the 7400 in store but he has the 5400 ose :cool: if you know what i mean. And by the way even the price of the 5400 OSE is higher then the 5500, 7400 and the 7500, therfore no way i am going to buy it in Turkey. I rather pay the store holder for his know how in the process of setting it up rather then buying it from him.

Well it is abvious that 5400 OSE and 7400 sounds great but will the 5500 or the 7500 sound better has anybody listen to them ?

And does new model mean better sound everytime ?

all the best

13. nvb

nvb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We do not speek about TUNERS

By the way

tnt-audio classifies the Vincent SV236 as high-end and
    better than Rotel, arcam, naim nait, primare, thule, roksan, creek, atoll, audio analogue puccini, a.s.o.
    maybe some names are new to some people

test & technik CD player qualifies the Vincent CD-S6 as " Absolute Spitzenklasse"

It is all about HIFI
    not 5.1 or other musical-systems

musical regards

14. jazzman

jazzman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I read the review of vincent sv 236 and the cd-s6 and it seems they are making some great hi fi products , however i am shopping around for an av receiver that is capable of also producing some great music without leaving me out of the all new dvd formats i am not that mutch of a gadget guy so i will probably have the local dealer install it and set it up for me and just use the essential buttons to operate it. However i dont want my investment to be out of date at the time i purchase it

15. nvb

nvb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you do not talk about music
    you talk about "boum boum"

a 5.1 or more system
    is no way a hifi system
    so you will never listen
    to music as it is ...

to do so
    amplifiers of 200 euro suffy
    the more you spend
    the more yu loose

musical regards

16. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I'm sorry, were you trying to rap just then?

Jazzman is after an AV System that also has musical ability to drive his new Quad L Series speakers.

No need for you to get upset just because the Vincent system does not suit his needs, or get upset if someone points out a bad review. Doing so makes you look like an idiot.

Home cinema choice recently stated that the Marantz SR7400 was the most musical AV Receiver they have heard in its price bracket, in fact, every review of the amplifier has been fantastic. Vincent isn't as well known as Marantz, and I for one haven't heard one, but I in no way shape or form would rubbish it or other models without hearing them first.

You are quite militant in your views on this brand nvb, and attitude like yours is not the best way to win friends on what is a very friendly forum.

Jazzman, the SR7500 will also have THX Select certification, but apart from that, will be VERY similar to the SR7400. I believe the SR7400 is forming the basis of the newer SR7500 and SR8500.

17. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,147
    Given that paucity of people that own Vincent gear in the UK I suspect that any information would be useful but obviously you know best :suicide:

Bully for them- everything I have seen and heard of the Vincent range points to a beautifully constructed set of units that are still sonically too inconsistent to be a routine challenge to the brands you list, in the UK at least where we have a sizably different sonic tastes. I like to think that I will give everything a fair chance- indeed I bought an item but UK reviews and my own listening still point to them not being class leading.

18. jazzman

jazzman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I am sorry about it but i must agree with Kazzman who got what i am searching for where you seem to be off the subject. We never takled about integrated amps in our discussiıon whereas you come again time after time with how good is the sv236 it is very likely that you think that sv 388 is an integrated amp as well so what you say in other words (your opinion) that serious receivers are no good for music even a 1500 to 2000 Euro Av receiver by Vincent .

Well i dont agree with that there is and there must be a serious difference between a 200 Euro receiver and a 2000 or even 4000 euro receiver if not so why would the brands manufacture products of these sorts. Is every consumer buying an av receiver that costs more then 200 euro is ignorant. Never mind.

Kazzman thanks a lot by the way for stepping in i hadn't seen the message of nvb utill i saw your quote of his words 10 minutes ago.

But i have a question kazzman does i compared the 7400 with the 7500 in the marantz site and it seems that 7400 does not have the multiroom capability i have a pair of old braun speakers baught from germany with a bang & olufsen deck system ( at that time B&O was not making speakers and they were selling the braun speakers with their system so i am planning on having those in another room since i have a wireles network at home and naturally a wireless capable laptop i was thinking of buying the apple airport express so that when i want to listen to some music in that room i could use my laptop or even listen to my mp3's in the living room where the quad's will be what do you think about that ?

thanks and brgds

19. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    The SR7400 does have speaker A+B terminals so could be wired up to be multi room (although you only have one extra set of speaker terminals to play with).

I'm not too familiar with the Airport express so couldn't help you there, but as long as it can connect to an amplifier via its speaker terminals or phono inputs, it should work fine.

The SR7500 might have a more advanced method of multi room capability, but again, my knowledge on that receiver is fairly limited, the best person to ask on that subject is probably Tons of Fun.

If I were in your position, I would maybe wait a little for the SR7500, but, as you say you can get them from Russia, go for it :). If the price difference is very large between the SR7500 and SR7400, then the 7400 would probably be a better buy, as I believe you really only get the THX certification and a slight improvement in sound as extra on the 7500. Again, Tons can confirm this.

20. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,147
    The differences between the two are limited to Detail features such as Auto Setup, THX certification and better video processing. Marantz (justifiably) are happy with the 7400 so I think it forms a solid evolutionary point for the 7500 (and the 8500).

Soundwise, nobody in the UK knows for sure yet but I cannot see the 7500 being worse or massively different given how the 7400 has done in reviews.
    ToF

21. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Would the software of the SR7500 be compatible with the SR7400?

Would love to make use of the RS232 port and enable THX processing on the SR7400 :)

Tons, could you put it to the powers that be if this would be possible? Would be a great boon for those who put their faith in the SR7400. Not to forget the Kudos Marantz would also gain for allowing this :D

22. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,147
    I believe that Lucas Empire doesn't allow any mid life upgrade concerning THX software so I think that is out of Marantz's hands.

Worth saying that my AX3 has only been in THX settings once when Mrs Tons "adjusted" it.

23. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Even if they charge a license fee for it?

I'm happy with my SR7400 as it is anyway I guess, THX processing would just be a nice to have I guess :D even though we know that it would easily meet the specification for THX certification :).

What about future algorithms like newer DD or DTS formats, surely they would release something for them? :) Would be a nice gift :) Crimbo on the way you know :):):)

24. jazzman

jazzman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    ıt seems like i am going to go with marantz after the audition however i still have to choose between 7400 or the upcoming 7500 that i may not be able to audition since it is unlikely that it will come here before mid 2005 therfore i might wait a month or so that some audiophiles could get a professional review or some friends here try it out.

But it seems form you guys here that marantz 7000 series are the way to go for some good musical abilities with my quads and some good video performance.

For a cd player should i go with a cambird audio 640 c or a Marantz cd 5400 ? i still have a new dvd player to buy i have 2 actualy but the best out of the 2 is a Sony ns dvp 305 and it doesnt have progressive scan.

all the best