Vin Diesel's back-xXx:"Return Of The Xander Cage"

saj1d

Established Member
Reaction score
Vin Diesel is set to return in the self styled film xXx inspired by our very own James Bond films.

Reports suggest that Rob Cohen the original director of the 2002 orginal is to re-unite with Diesel. Cohen is in talks with Columbia pictures to secure a deal into directing this action flick.

Diesel once said he would be a huge film star one day,he was right up until he made a few turkeys and i'm not talking about the Chrismas one's either.
The trouble with Vin Diesel is that he can't breakthrough like his other counterpart Hollywood actors have in these type of roles.To his credit he has made some good films like the original Fast and the Furious and was super in Boiler Room.

He is already set to reprise his role with Paul Walker in Fast And The Furious once again,the only way up for him is to go back to do what he does best and that's hard hitting action flicks.:thumbsup:

Is he a viable star in today's global world of political correctness as Xander?...and will this next one be xXxellent.:cool:

Last edited:
No, it will be just as crap as the first one! Poor Vin Diesel...he must be getting desperate now. Stupid tea trayslide down the stair rail...stupid futuristic speedboat thing! Embarrassing!

I only liked him in Pitch Black and the first Fast and Furious

Wikipedia says:
...While he prefers to identify himself as a "multi-faceted" actor he has played a number of similar roles...

I only liked him in Pitch Black and the first Fast and Furious

Wikipedia says:
Try "Boiler Room" if you like the above,it kept me amused and i'd say an eye opener as well into what he can do:)

Apparently this 'short' is on the 2005, xXx: Uncensored Unrated Director's Cut DVD. Seems they used a stand-in for the role of Xander, not sure why did filmed it in the first place? And so badly done as well..

Viewer Discretion is Advised
The video page contains mature subject matter and is suitable for adults only.

Last edited:
Apparently this 'short' is on the 2005, xXx: Uncensored Unrated Director's Cut DVD. Seems they used a stand-in for the role of Xander, not sure why did filmed it in the first place? And so badly done as well..

Well, they did it to tie in with the release of XXX: State of Union so they could explain why Diesel wasn't returning.

But wow, that is really really poor. :thumbsdow

I'm one of the few who loved the first film, so I'm up for part 3 with the original star & director on board. :)

Vin Diesel confirms he will return as Xander Cage
“I am going to do the next xXx which will be filming in part in the Philippines, which I’m very, very, very excited about.”

not a huge fan of the xXx movies but if he pulls them around like he did the F & F franchise then i'll give it a go...

So weird they've announced this, is anyone clambering for another xXx ?

So it's finally confirmed by the man himself.

Vin;
"While I was filming XXX, guys on set called me Air Diesel... The time to return has come. Filming starts December in the Philippines."

Samuel L Jackson to return as NSA Agent Augustus Gibbons.

And UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor to join the film.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Oh dear.....

:thumbsdow

Jet Li, Tony Jaa and Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone join the film.

Yeah why not , the original is a guilty pleasure of mine.

I'm surprised they're going back to xxx as the original is nothing special, I'd rather he resurrect his character from Private Ryan. I'd say that was his best performance ever.

I'm surprised they're going back to xxx as the original is nothing special, I'd rather he resurrect his character from Private Ryan. I'd say that was his best performance ever.

It's the same charecter , big dumb guy with a heart apart the end was final in one , the other one was implied .

I'd say Pitch Black is for me his best and stand out performance. And has trod water since.

Last edited:
No, no, no....The Pacifier was his best.

Nina Dobrev (TVD) & Ruby Rose (Dark Matter) added

If either get naked I'd give it a watch...

This thread was started around 8 years before the film was to be released- possibly 9.

Is there any threads that top that duration?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom