Quantcast

Vin Diesel's back-xXx:"Return Of The Xander Cage"

saj1d

Vin Diesel is set to return in the self styled film xXx inspired by our very own James Bond films.

Reports suggest that Rob Cohen the original director of the 2002 orginal is to re-unite with Diesel. Cohen is in talks with Columbia pictures to secure a deal into directing this action flick.

Diesel once said he would be a huge film star one day,he was right up until he made a few turkeys and i'm not talking about the Chrismas one's either.
The trouble with Vin Diesel is that he can't breakthrough like his other counterpart Hollywood actors have in these type of roles.To his credit he has made some good films like the original Fast and the Furious and was super in Boiler Room.

He is already set to reprise his role with Paul Walker in Fast And The Furious once again,the only way up for him is to go back to do what he does best and that's hard hitting action flicks.:thumbsup:

Is he a viable star in today's global world of political correctness as Xander?...and will this next one be xXxellent.:cool:

Last edited:

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
No, it will be just as crap as the first one! Poor Vin Diesel...he must be getting desperate now. Stupid tea trayslide down the stair rail...stupid futuristic speedboat thing! Embarrassing!

Steven

Senior Moderator
I only liked him in Pitch Black and the first Fast and Furious

Wikipedia says:
...While he prefers to identify himself as a "multi-faceted" actor he has played a number of similar roles...

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Apparently this 'short' is on the 2005, xXx: Uncensored Unrated Director's Cut DVD. Seems they used a stand-in for the role of Xander, not sure why did filmed it in the first place? And so badly done as well..

Viewer Discretion is Advised
The video page contains mature subject matter and is suitable for adults only.

Last edited:

aprout

Distinguished Member
Apparently this 'short' is on the 2005, xXx: Uncensored Unrated Director's Cut DVD. Seems they used a stand-in for the role of Xander, not sure why did filmed it in the first place? And so badly done as well..
Well, they did it to tie in with the release of XXX: State of Union so they could explain why Diesel wasn't returning.

But wow, that is really really poor. :thumbsdow

I'm one of the few who loved the first film, so I'm up for part 3 with the original star & director on board. :)

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Vin Diesel confirms he will return as Xander Cage
“I am going to do the next xXx which will be filming in part in the Philippines, which I’m very, very, very excited about.”

mooperman

Distinguished Member
not a huge fan of the xXx movies but if he pulls them around like he did the F & F franchise then i'll give it a go...

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
So it's finally confirmed by the man himself.

Vin;
"While I was filming XXX, guys on set called me Air Diesel... The time to return has come. Filming starts December in the Philippines."

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Samuel L Jackson to return as NSA Agent Augustus Gibbons.

And UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor to join the film.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Oh dear.....

:thumbsdow

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Yeah why not , the original is a guilty pleasure of mine.

bash

I'm surprised they're going back to xxx as the original is nothing special, I'd rather he resurrect his character from Private Ryan. I'd say that was his best performance ever.

raduv1

Distinguished Member
I'm surprised they're going back to xxx as the original is nothing special, I'd rather he resurrect his character from Private Ryan. I'd say that was his best performance ever.
It's the same charecter , big dumb guy with a heart apart the end was final in one , the other one was implied .

I'd say Pitch Black is for me his best and stand out performance. And has trod water since.

Last edited:

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
No, no, no....The Pacifier was his best.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
If either get naked I'd give it a watch...

sammy the squid

Distinguished Member
This thread was started around 8 years before the film was to be released- possibly 9.

Is there any threads that top that duration?